• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

BTV mentioning a dusting to an inch even in the mountain valleys mid-week with up to 3" above 1,500ft.

Keep an eye out for that foliage and snow combo... snowliage.  

"Depending on how much snow falls on the higher elevations, and the amount of leaves left on the trees, we could have some nice snowliage Thursday afternoon/evening with some breaks of sunshine possible."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Continues to be signals in the 11-14 day runs and EPS of possible snows.. eerily reminiscent of Oct 2011

With the absurd amounts of precipitation we have had the past few months I really wouldn't be surprised if we had one snowstorm and then went drought for eight weeks.   Pessimism aside, the pattern does look chilly and fairly active.

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Tropical in origin but looks baroclinic.

That's an important clarification. Thanks. But yeah, it'd reach the baroclinic stage eventually moving up the coast. I'll admit I wasn't the sharpest student when I took my synoptic course two years ago.

13 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

That's an important clarification. Thanks. But yeah, it'd reach the baroclinic stage eventually moving up the coast. I'll admit I wasn't the sharpest student when I took my synoptic course two years ago.

I didn't go to school for Meteorology.  I went to school for Architecture and I did stay at a Motel 6 once.  :lol:

• Haha 2

Maybe a shot at first flakes for some on late Wednesday/wed night. It would likely be interior and prob toward Berkshires from leftover lake effect streamers but a few of them could carry east with the vorticity moving through. Could be graupel too. 

NNE mountains will def get some snow showers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Maybe a shot at first flakes for some on late Wednesday/wed night. It would likely be interior and prob toward Berkshires from leftover lake effect streamers but a few of them could carry east with the vorticity moving through. Could be graupel too. 

NNE mountains will def get some snow showers. 

I'll be in Rangeley thurs-sun. I think they're calling for some snow thurs night.