Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

16 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea right, with all the MRI technology they have my Dr was blown away at the damage. Even my work life looks unlikely. Lots to comprehend and lots to contemplate. Thanks to all you guys for keeping me laughing.. I may need to hire someone for our 02-03 GGW winter incoming. 

Was much of the damage from the crash you had at Sunday River? Or is it a genetic/degenerative thing?   Your height doesn’t help I would imagine.

Keep fighting the good fight.

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Was much of the damage from the crash you had at Sunday River? Or is it a genetic/degenerative thing?   Your height doesn’t help I would imagine.

Rain is his kryptonite. Years and years of sandbags. 

• Haha 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Rain is his kryptonite. Years and years of sandbags. 

Lumping  those 50lb bags day after day in 2010 just did him in. But nobody can deny his dedication to saving the 10 people in SW RI affected by the flooding. For when the signal goes up......duty calls. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lumping  those 50lb bags day after day in 2010 just did him in. But nobody can deny his dedication to saving the 10 people in SW RI affected by the flooding. For when the signal goes up......duty calls. 

At least he has outlived Superman. 

49 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The digger started it. I have abused my self since being a kid.  Motocross, body surfing extreme waves, football , lots of baseball, skiing crazy stuff, falling off a 18 foot roof and on and on. Zero regrets but the SR crash basically started a process that led to this. I am retiring early as soon as my LT disability is over. Put in for permanent disability and will live the golden years at a slow pace. I already told my boys TB and little Joe I will go to SR with them as usual just will skip the ski part and chill pool side. It will kill me but I finally realized its time to keep both feet planted, there are too many people and animals who need my help. I might renew my teaching certification and volunteer helping kids. So much to think about. We never got together at WAWA but I will never forget our GTGs at the Beast.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Not sure about wanting snow this early but this is around the time of year I start looking for cold bottling up in Canada and wanting cold nights and the smell of burning wood the air. 

That and anything close to home to close out tropical season.

You gonna head back down to the Gulf coast this week to chase? Looks like more rain up here potentially. Just what we need...

58 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

NFL >>>>> College

Nice and dewy this football morning. Big numbers ahead this week.

Yeah looking at some historic numbers for various sites around the area... wouldn't be surprised if Tuesday and/or Wednesday get darn close if not exceed.  Boston's MEX 82 and 87 respectively, and given the wind direction/other synoptic parametrics, combined with machine numbers already eye-popping 20 above normal on average from LGA to PWM those two days - mm.

Still eying a pattern change. PNA switch has coherence in the American cluster/ensemble mean, and cross-guidance operational tenors also indicate the SE ridge is decaying.   How long remains to be seen, but we may get some frosts around here ...  as well bona fide NNE freezes going beyond D7.

5 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Quite the changes, Steve.  Focus on the positive: every 6 hours being able to pour through a new set of model runs.  We expect in-depth assessment and accurate forecasts for each event.!

What a beautiful storm that was for Mitch, Pete and myself.  24-30+", powder from start to finish.  I remember I posted soundings for the Pit, and Gynx saying "man, that's showing you snow big time".  We did wait quite a while for the next event that winter--long after that one had melted away.

This.  The NFL blows now.

Exactly!! 

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just bad post after bad post from the grandfather 

Yeah and your constant posting about installing and uninstalling window AC units, the thousands of TORCH posts, the use of "high dews", your odd fascination with having trees come down(by the way those trees cause damage to property)….the childish meltdowns that you have had....the making up of people(do you also have make believe friends????) on twitter referencing 1816 during the springs of 2017 and 2018. … numerous photos of gypsy moths...yeah all of those posts are soooooooooooo interesting. 

#DAILYDRIVEL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, powderfreak said:

That ridiculous wind storm last October with that like 90kt jet out of the SE sounded fun until we were without power for 3 days because of snapped telephone poles.  You can keep the damaging wind storm ;).

Agreed.  A further note on that event:  Maine's Public Utilities Commission investigated Central Maine Power's response - CMP had more customers in the dark than in the 1998 ice storm, though for a much shorter period.  The report came out week before last, and while basically giving CMP decent marks, also briefly noted that "winds were stronger than forecast."  Maybe more widespread, but my recollection (and digging through the thread here on that storm), is that NWS pegged the event pretty well.  Anyway, when public radio reported on the PUC opinion, guess what was highlighted - yup, the words in quotes, above.   Why am I not surprised?

My opinion on October snow as a predicter of winter goodness is mixed but mostly bad.  In Fort Kent, Oct snow generally presaged a fine snow season.  Everywhere else I've lived it generally was followed by dreck (67-68, 87-88, 05-06, 11-12), with 2000-01 the one clear exception.  That said, all snow is good snow (with the possible exception of late Feb 2010.)

Edit:  If the season tendency continues, whatever is left of Michael will almost completely remain south of here.

25 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Yeah and your constant posting about installing and uninstalling window AC units, the thousands of TORCH posts, the use of "high dews", your odd fascination with having trees come down(by the way those trees cause damage to property)….the childish meltdowns that you have had....the making up of people(do you also have make believe friends????) on twitter referencing 1816 during the springs of 2017 and 2018. … numerous photos of gypsy moths...yeah all of those posts are soooooooooooo interesting. 

Another example of your junior high level of posting is....the day after the murder of the policeman and woman in Weymouth several forum members including myself were discussing   what had taken place in Weymouth....and you wrote something along the lines of" Please make it stop"....because you did not like what we were discussing.  

#DAILYDRIVEL

#findAnotherhobby