Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

52 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Freak he doesn't get me at all....it's just such nonsense BS that he throws out there...it has to be called out and commented on.  People come here to get accurate info...and when you see posts that just aren't true; or calls of weather a week out that you know won't verify, a comment from others who aren't pushing BS is warranted.  That's it.

Plenty today have commented on the Hype...I just elaborated on their thoughts.  

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nobody is a stalker Kev.  You're just a #BS'er that's all.

Yes, people do come to this site to see what kind of info they can take away from the discussions.  Taking the hype aspect out of the equation, "Accurate" is tough word to use when dealing with weather predictions.  During a particular event we will see variations on forecasts with some of those variations being very different from each other.  With that being said there are a few here whom I look to for specifics for my location.  Sometimes I will even text them away from the noise of the forum when I am looking specifics.  Other times I just follow the bouncing ball within a storm threat/ forecast page, taking away from it what I can.  Yes, it is easy to get lost in the nonsense, and hyperbole. 

As frustrating as it can be for some, especially if people have their predisposed hopes up for a threat that does not amount to what they expected, I can see how what they perceive as nonsense can piss them off.  The never ending summer posts are another example of this.  People have to learn to tune out what they don't want to see.  Kevin, like others expresses things the way he see's it.  Some will argue that he's not a met so he should put a lid on it.  Maybe it's his agenda, or whatever to get under people's skin, but in the end it's just weather.  For the most part I like the way things move in here.  You learn not to get hung up on peoples opinions.  

Kevin is one of the guys I contact outside of the forum since he has a pretty decent record for East of the River and along and north of route 6 locales, at least with me. 

2 hours ago, LurkerBoy said:

I think it'll probably be around 10deg cooler than that my man! 

Not in Kevlandia. A whole different climate there. In that country bananas are already growing in the lower Connecticut Valley. I should be picking them in ORH by the end of next year. Think mid Pliocene warm period or even PETM (Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum). "Seasons in seasons" were quite different back then. Anyone looking for a climate remotely like the one we (used to) have here in New England better buy land in northern Greenland and the bets are off there, too. Temps in BTV and CON should max out in the low 90's next week with DPs in the mid 70's. Wish they hadn't closed the pool at our condo in Maine.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Not in Kevlandia. A whole different climate there. In that country bananas are already growing in the lower Connecticut Valley. I should be picking them in ORH by the end of next year. Think mid Pliocene warm period or even PETM (Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum). "Seasons in seasons" were quite different back then. Anyone looking for a climate remotely like the one we (used to) have here in New England better buy land in northern Greenland and the bets are off there, too. Temps in BTV and CON should max out in the low 90's next week with DPs in the mid 70's. Wish they hadn't closed the pool at our condo in Maine.

Lemon trees for all in the north woods of CT?

21 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I expect a true Autumn of yore coming our way.  ...Just wait for it.  It will come.

In that case, I'm going to go out and let the trees and the Canadian Geese i have been seeing heading south know (earlier this year then in the past) that its still summer and they should head back north and the trees should hold up on the color change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Freak he doesn't get me at all....it's just such nonsense BS that he throws out there...it has to be called out and commented on.  People come here to get accurate info...and when you see posts that just aren't true; or calls of weather a week out that you know won't verify, a comment from others who aren't pushing BS is warranted.  That's it.

Plenty today have commented on the Hype...I just elaborated on their thoughts.  

wHAT -

• Haha 1

Accurate in the sense....not hyped or exaggerated, or inflated beyond what it is.  I realize we all have micro-climates in our own areas, and not everything is exactly the same across all the areas of SNE/NNE.  That's not what was meant by my comment earlier.

Since Thursday, Sept 6th when it was blazing hot and Humid(yes record breaking heat in a lot of areas for the date), and the day before that too(wednesday), and Tuesday too, it was/felt like an endless summer since it got warm/hot in mid June. 

Since then (the 6th of Sept)...the endless heat and humidity has been broken.  We've had some humid days, and some warmth too...but nothing hot at all.  It's felt like Autumn much of the time since the last major heat and humidity on the 6th. And quite a few days have been quite cool and damp.  So the endless summer comments are not accurate at all in that regard.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Since then (the 6th of Sept)...the endless heat and humidity has been broken.  We've had some humid days, and some warmth too...but nothing hot at all.  It's felt like Autumn much of the time since the last major heat and humidity on the 6th. And quite a few days have been quite cool and damp.  So the endless summer comments are not accurate at all in that regard.  

I agree.  It was nothing like July/August.  Warm yes, but nothing like July & August.  We've also had cool days too.  To say otherwise is to have your head in the sand or up in some other hole.

• Haha 2