• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
October 2018 General Discussion

Hoosier

Looks like there's a real chance for some snow around here monday night. Every model is doing it. Looks like a typical october snow, where evap cooling is the rule of the day. Shouldn't amount to much, but this is a solid shot at first flakes. Apparently there were flurries around early this morning to our east, but I didnt see any.

I'm in central IL near Peoria and it is snowing here. I think it's the earliest I've ever seen flakes, and to top it off it hasn't even been 6 months since the last snow. We skipped spring this year, and it looks like we might just skip fall too. The leaves have barely started changing colors here so the trees will take a beating if all the green leaves just freeze off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fluoronium said:

I'm in central IL near Peoria and it is snowing here. I think it's the earliest I've ever seen flakes, and to top it off it hasn't even been 6 months since the last snow. We skipped spring this year, and it looks like we might just skip fall too. The leaves have barely started changing colors here so the trees will take a beating if all the green leaves just freeze off.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your obs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Moline is reporting -SN

Had about an hour and a half of light snow at work.  Some pretty decent size flakes as well.  This is the first time I can remember us getting the first frost, first freeze, and first snow on the same date lol.

Crazy to think just three days ago it was 84 with dews near 70, and 89 last week.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Pattern looks pretty uneventful for the next 1 to 2 weeks after tomorrow's system.  Forget severe or snow, there's not even much precip on the models. Lake belts could be an exception with some activity from time to time.   

We had a nice run the past month or so with the severe weather, excessive rains, early snows, and tropic tracking.  Definitely due for a down period.  Hopefully it won't last more than a few weeks.

• Like 2