Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2018 General Discussion

Hoosier

10 minutes ago, CoalCityWxMan said:

If this were to somehow pan out, going from the mid 80’s to snowflakes in 3 days would be a little scary lol 

Still on the 12z run. :guitar:

Even getting flakes mixed in would be noteworthy especially coming off the warmth

fv3p_asnow_eus_25.thumb.png.6b9b676b6b86824a61ee9b932530e0e1.png

The s word is now being mentioned in the new point.  Let's do it.

Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
Friday
A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

LOT is forecasting 69 tonight at ORD, which would break the record high min of 68.

Fwiw, the latest 70 degree low came on October 21, and that is the only one to occur after October 6.

DTW has never had a low of 70 for October. Forecast of 67 tonight, we shall see.

15 minutes ago, Stebo said:

DTW has never had a low of 70 for October. Forecast of 67 tonight, we shall see.

Low of 70 in October has happened several times in Chicago.  The October record is 71 degrees.  I think that one will be tough to match but we'll see.  It is a fairly moist airmass.  

47 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

83 today.  What a change compared to the previous few days.

Looks like the snow chances for Fri have crapped the bed.  Typical early season mirage stuff showing up on the guidance.

Maybe we can get the northern stream to phase with what's left of Sergio.  :snowing::lol::tomato:

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Low of 70 in October has happened several times in Chicago.  The October record is 71 degrees.  I think that one will be tough to match but we'll see.  It is a fairly moist airmass.  

I changed my mind.  I'd give a 50/50 shot of that 71 being tied... and holding through Tuesday... with some chance (although significantly lower) of 72.  I'm about 75% confident the low won't drop below 70.

On 10/7/2018 at 2:51 AM, Stebo said:

I know it wasn't DTX, but DTW maxed at 72 for the dewpoint today on the 5 min obs, which would have also destroyed the record for the month. No sounding has had a dewpoint over 70 before, it looks like we have more chances though this week.

And broken, 00z sounding tonight 76/70 at the surface.