Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Agree

Some areas will pick up a quick 1-3 inches from that.

Both the HWRF and HMON have been slowly sliding Southeast over the last few runs. I doubt we end up seeing much from the core itself but that doesn't mean it won't be a very wet day around here.

The 12z NAM has been spot on so far with the positioning of Michael. The forecasted 15z position is almost identical to the current position of the center.

I would put the odds extremely low that anyone outside of coastal NJ or Long Island receives much rain from Michael itself. 

With that being said, we're going to remain in the moist Southwest flow for the next several hours which will give us intermittent periods of convection. The cold front is still back over Central Ohio currently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, donsutherland1 said:

With 0.14" rain in the past hour, New York City's 2018 total precipitation has reached 48.70". That surpasses the 48.69" that fell in 1901 and 1998 to make 2018 New York City's 39th wettest year on record.

Any chance for the top 10?

That first batch definitly had that tropical feel to it. Those super high PWATS are going to dump on somone later. The question is where. Right now I would favor inland areas closer to the front. Michael may scrape the far East end but that’s about it. I’m more looking forward to a nice windy fall day tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gravity Wave said:

It was only 7 years ago that areas just n&W of I-95 in the MA had a nice snowstorm in the last week of October. It's definitely possible with the unseasonably cold air being forecast.

We also had a big snow the next year in the first week of November on Long Island, 8" and it was Sandy related.

11 minutes ago, TriPol said:

Any chance for the top 10?

The 10th highest figure is 58.42" from 2003. If NYC receives just the historically-average precipitation for the remainder of 2018 (and no more today, which is unlikely for today), NYC would wind up with 58.27". I believe NYC will finish in the top 10 this year.

1 hour ago, NJwx85 said:

The 12z NAM has been spot on so far with the positioning of Michael. The forecasted 15z position is almost identical to the current position of the center.

I would put the odds extremely low that anyone outside of coastal NJ or Long Island receives much rain from Michael itself. 

With that being said, we're going to remain in the moist Southwest flow for the next several hours which will give us intermittent periods of convection. The cold front is still back over Central Ohio currently.

.68 fell by me in a short period in Morris county