Most Online
    jut05
    Newest Member
    jut05
Tyler Penland

2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

44 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

GSP not impressed and they pretty much nail these nwf events

I wouldn't say they nail nwf events.  Not insulting them. Not insulting them--they do great work-- butI can think of at least four or five times last season when they predicted an inch or so and we got several inches. 

38 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Sitting at 99.60 with steady rain falling. Need .40 to hit the 100 inch mark for the year. What a weather year including two ice storms and 16 inches of snow already. Oh and today is the first day of winter. I love WNC! 

Definitely been a wild weather year. I’m setting at 134.40 for the year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

Just got a report from NCDOT of 2" of snow on Cherohala Skyway in Graham County at 5000' ..Radar returns are verifying

Cold air is definitely sweeping in from the SW first. I'm at 38.9 but even the Sugar and Beech are still running in the low 40's. 

• Like 1

That really is an awesome rain gauge.  How's the accuracy?

From everything I’ve read it’s pretty accurate, I need to get a weather station at some point to really compare accuracy. It’s pretty cool though!
  • Like 2

Dropped from 44 F to 39 F here in the valley; ~2.3" of rain IMBY for the storm event so far.  It would be nice to see a few flakes mixing in; we will see...

Disclaimer: not sure I would trust my rain gauge as much as the World's Coolest Rain Gauge.

I haven’t personally seen any yet but it should be very close

It was 37 on the bypass with slushy rain when I came through about 12:30. Still cold rain here at the store in Vilas though.

Yeah frito lay just told me it's dumping on the bypass. Always the first place to get it.

• Like 1

It was 37 on the bypass with slushy rain when I came through about 12:30. Still cold rain here at the store in Vilas though.  

Yeah frito lay just told me it's dumping on the bypass. Always the first place to get it.

I officially have snow mixing in now in Boone.