• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WesL
    Newest Member
    WesL

2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

HRRR is basically asking why anyone thought this would be a big deal. Just like some brief snow showers and minimal ice.
Considering it never shows anything in SW NC and we already have reports of frozen stuff.....

Have to see how long that lasts though.
  • Like 1

Patiently waiting for my glaze of ice with a pinger mixed in if I'm lucky I'll be out tonight up on top Linville mountain on hwy105 somewhere along the escarpment is guna be the battle zone.

Although most are centered around a 1 inch total for snow, a couple of the SREF plumes still have close to 4 inches. i'm hoping for more snow, or this event may honestly may not have been worth the time tracking lol.

GEFS plumes have an average of 2 inches, so that's a bit more promising.

APP is cancelling every class that begins at 5pm or later. feel like that might be a bit much, but at least I don't have my 5pm.

hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_6.png

This is really the only part of the storm intriguing me, this banding of precip that keeps showing up on the HRRR at 01z I believe will actually fall as snow for the northern counties, as opposed to rain if it does form. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Still well above freezing here also at 34.6. A few flurries falling but that's about it.

It is promising you see snow though. Hope you get a big thump!

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing yet on Beech at 4650.  Had some sleet this morning in Dahlonega GA and then some snow mixed in with the heavier rain splattering on the windshield.
Covering the cars here in banner elk pretty quick. I assume it's going up there now?

7 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:
24 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:
Absolutely nothing yet on Beech at 4650.  Had some sleet this morning in Dahlonega GA and then some snow mixed in with the heavier rain splattering on the windshield.

Covering the cars here in banner elk pretty quick. I assume it's going up there now?

Yep...steady and increasing.  Lots of dry air to overcome...which bodes well for longer duration before freezing rain...hopefully.