• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WesL
    Newest Member
    WesL

2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Considering how models looked for the northern areas, this could be a slight over performer. Temp down to 33, parking lots are starting to become slushy in spots, look for side roads and such to go downhill within an hour, and main roads this afternoon 

Well, we got probably a 1/2 an inch... maybe a little more, but it looks like it is about done. It was still pretty awesome to see fall. It has covered the trees, so it is a pretty scene.

33 minutes ago, cold air aloft said:

Nice steady snow across Haywood County on my drive from Maggie to Canton. Sticking to the grass but roads are fine so far.

Yep it is nice. You work in Canton? I'm at the Mill.

30 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

About two inches at 4000ft in alarka.  Soco gap has about 3 inches 

Pretty much a bust below 3000ft. Rode up to about 3800ft. There was a couple inches and coming down good I’ll post pics later

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yep it is nice. You work in Canton? I'm at the Mill.

I manage the ABC store. Us and Ingles are the most popular places in town when snow is in the forecast. Everyone stocks up on the three essentials, bread, milk and liquor! :lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cold air aloft said:

I manage the ABC store. Us and Ingles are the most popular places in town when snow is in the forecast. Everyone stocks up on the three essentials, bread, milk and liquor! :lol:

Oh ok nice! Yeah I have been in there a time or two lol.

20 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Im wondering how much nwf we'll get out of this.  GSP doesn't seem to think there will be much at all.  

Yeah the models did not look great for a upslope event behind the front.

49 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Considering how models looked for the northern areas, this could be a slight over performer. Temp down to 33, parking lots are starting to become slushy in spots, look for side roads and such to go downhill within an hour, and main roads this afternoon 

I agree...this looks like an OP system fo' sure!

8 hours ago, ncjoaquin said:

That is crazy. It is absolutely pouring the snow here in West Asheville. My wife asked me to come get her downtown. Weather is weird.

I can count on one hand the number of snowflakes I had at home today. Just a real underperforming event in the western part of the county.

6 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Had 2.5 here. I was going to complain about another non-event but I won't. Y'all don't deserve that. 

Here's hoping for a better February. Leaving out for a while Friday for a little [email protected] You guys will probably get plastered next week.

Lol... with rain! Have a great trip!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneTracker said:

I can count on one hand the number of snowflakes I had at home today. Just a real underperforming event in the western part of the county.

Well, I only got about a 1/2 inch, but it did fall fast and hard.  So, don't feel like you missed a blizzard. Just a nice diversion after a long, snowless stretch.

5 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Still getting random flakes on Beech. Temp down to 9.7.  Brrrrr

I've seen a couple of flakes here and there...thought it might just be the ski resort making snow and a little blowing over here but they aren't making any.  Down to 6.3°/-4.  Definitely a three dog night. 

• Like 1