Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

25 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

HT is a professional. Let's make sure not to discount his contributions simply because it's not what we want to here. 

I do want to remain hopeful however. 

Great post !!!!  He definitely knows more than we know. We should be thankful whether it is good or negative information. I appreciate it either way. He can't just make it up to make us happy, lol. Keep it coming HT. PLUS, it is not like he controls it. If he did, we would all have 3 feet of snow!

• Like 2

I have been thinking warm nose the entire time; per HT the gulf has nothing to do with the warm nose so I certainly have much to learn about the origin of the warmth of the warm nose.  To be honest I don't mind the sleet because those snow totals were giving me falling tree anxiety.

21 minutes ago, HurricaneTracker said:

RGEM looks like NAM through 18 hours. Warm nose surging north on 50-60 knot low-level jet.

edit - massive warm nose tomorrow at 7am on RGEM.  Snow totals seriously in question.

How much snow before the change over? Can we squeeze out 6 inches.  Of course, sleet produces it's own problems. It definitely does not melt as quickly. Still would produce quite the winter mess.

1 minute ago, ncjoaquin said:

How much snow before the change over? Can we squeeze out 6 inches.  Of course, sleet produces it's own problems. It definitely does not melt as quickly. Still would produce quite the winter mess.

Yeah worst case road conditions would be a snow pack with a couple inches of sleet on top and a glaze of freezing rain as the cherry on top. Nightmare. 

2 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

The warm nose always been modeled for my area most of the week. However, Im pulling for some high totals for yall boys. With that said, like all SE systems, we still don't know $hit until game time. 

Crack a beer, and enjoy the ride!

Is it bad that I’ve already cracked one? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1