Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

3 hours ago, Met1985 said:

I almost bought a house on Balsam at 5600 feet. Beautiful view, pretty nice house but nowhere for the kids to play...

We have a great winter view of the mountain across 74 from us (sunrise this morning was amazing to wake up to - lots of windows on the main upper level) but otherwise we are in the trees tucked in a little cove on the side of the mountain.  Can’t wait to check out the views on the parkway above the house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, strongwxnc said:

Ran the Mt. Mitchell Challenge yesterday. All good until reaching the state park. Winds over 50 mph with mod rain and ice balls. Crazy weather. 1000’down it was just rain and fog.

Congratulations on running that, that’s a fantastic achievement. It takes a different breed of athlete to accomplish that run.

19 hours ago, WxKnurd said:

We have a great winter view of the mountain across 74 from us (sunrise this morning was amazing to wake up to - lots of windows on the main upper level) but otherwise we are in the trees tucked in a little cove on the side of the mountain.  Can’t wait to check out the views on the parkway above the house.

Oh yeah its beautiful up there. Great hiking and camping. 

3 hours ago, Buckethead said:

12z gfs...I don't like being in the bullseye this far out.  I'm expecting rain so I won't be disappointed. 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_23.png

gfs_asnow_seus_36.png

Yea, honestly this is soc lose to just another rainmaker that I'm not putting any thought into it unless a lot changes. This just isn't the winter for the Southeast.

42 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

No kidding.  This has been an impressive stretch with it raining constantly. 

I was by the lake this morning and where the Tuck and little Tennessee come into the lake the water level is really high for February.  Usually,  it's still flowing at this time of year!. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hvward said:

I am becoming increasingly interested in the possibility for snow showers on Tuesday around WNC. Should get some agreement among models this weekend.

With the cold air that'll be in place I'm hopeful there'll be some accumulation.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BretWheatley said:

Sigh... I'm getting used to the "warm" now... Ready to get into the garden/yard! 

March always brings in second winter and it seems to be more often lately after February spring softens us up; the question is, will April be a winter or spring month.  :shiver:

• Like 2