Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

22 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:
1 hour ago, MotoWeatherman said:
Yep...steady and increasing.  Lots of dry air to overcome...which bodes well for longer duration before freezing rain...hopefully.

Mixed with a lot of sleet here in foscoe now. Still a solid coating on the cars/grass already. Currently 33.

Still snow here with a solid covering...maybe quarter to half inch.  Won't be long till it's all rain.  And my spot here does terrible in weaker CAD so likely just a cold rain once the snow ends.

Still snow here with a solid covering...maybe quarter to half inch.  Won't be long till it's all rain.  And my spot here does terrible in weaker CAD so likely just a cold rain once the snow ends.
We're a ip/sn mix still. We've done "well" (i.e. More ice accretion than surrounding areas) the last two ice events but we're still above freezing and I doubt it goes down much more.

Just now, Tyler Penland said:
12 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

We're a ip/sn mix still. We've done "well" (i.e. More ice accretion than surrounding areas) the last two ice events but we're still above freezing and I doubt it goes down much more.

Yeah if you’re a mountian location with some elevation then temps will climb through the night. 

44 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Same for me here. I think I may have bottomed out already. Got to 32.2 and now up to 32.8. Almost all rain now. 

The King Street cam in Boone looks nice this evening.

http://www.resortcams.com/webcams/king-street-boone/

7 hours ago, Boonelight said:

Yep, that’s moved here now. 2” of snow and now sleet.

44AF2314-9CC7-4B93-8D61-5516B244061B.jpeg

Nice you did way better than me at 4650 on Beech.  LOL.  Got about an inch of snow and then just freezing rain all night.  Heaviest returns stayed south and east of me.

3 hours ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Nice you did way better than me at 4650 on Beech.  LOL.  Got about an inch of snow and then just freezing rain all night.  Heaviest returns stayed south and east of me.

That’s crazy! We got a little ZR here but it was mostly a snow event. Unexpected, but welcome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baconwfu said:

Between my home (near Grove Park Inn) and work (Waynesville) there wasn't any frozen precip (none in the mountains i could see) and didn't appear that there had been any all night

Yeah the temp rose just enough after the onset of precipitation yesterday.  It sure did pour the rain though.