• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

Tyler:  Surprised that section was open...we used to park at Beacon Heights and cross country ski on the parkway...but don't tell the Rangers

It's not illegal to ski on. People do it all the time. Just don't block a gate and no motorized vehicles. I've hiked many a mile on the road in the snow. default_smile.png

Got a nice coating of snow on the cars and grass here. Had flizzard conditions a couple times between Boone and the house a few minutes ago.

23 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

You all should be on the lookout for flooding the next 10 days. Euro shows widespread 2-5 inches of rain across the area. Storm after storm of rain then cool down then warm up and rain. Rinse repeat. 

Yep same old stuff, warm and rain or cold and sunny.

14 hours ago, WxKnurd said:

So as a hopeful soon to be resident of Haywood County, can you guys give me an idea of the local climatology of the Balsam Gap area? 

Very good spot if you like snow. Where is your property, and what's the elevation?

I personally think soco gap is a better spot. More flow snow there!

1 hour ago, franklin NCwx said:

Very good spot if you like snow. Where is your property, and what's the elevation?

I personally think soco gap is a better spot. More flow snow there!

We are under contract on a house on the north side of 74 right before the Parkway, elevation is a touch under 3400’.  Figured we’d be limited on flow snow in that location, had looked at some houses on the other side of the mountain around Maggie but this one met all our needs.  Thanks for giving me some info! 

46 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

I'm interested to see how this clipper works out this afternoon. NAM is a quick couple inches for the mountains. Certainly looks healthy back west.

INCOMING.

Man radar is lit up. 30 surface temp boone. If you got 850s ,no doubt a few inches are possible. 

Yall are gonna have clipper galore and nwfs post Jan 25th. NS dominated pattern. But watch out this afternoon. Hopefully it holds together