Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

19 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

12z gfs is a solid event. Seeing more eps members with bigger totals overnight too. Mean jumped an inch from 3 to 4 for Boone.

GEFS with a noticeable jump in QPF from under an inch to about 1.2 average with more members much higher. Snow mean is at 6 inches for Boone with a lot more members showing more as well. BRING IT!

1 hour ago, NC_WX10 said:

12z Gfs delivers the goods 12+ for a large portion of the central and northern mountains.

Hey what is the start time consensus and how much does Boone get on 12z Icon and Canadian? At work and cant pull up, lot of kidos heading back up the mtn sat and sun as classes start back Monday. Thanks

Well Jason Boyer on WLOS said this will be a nuisance event, I still thought we were far enough away from the event to where things could change overnight.  I don't think I would have said one way or the other right now since there is plenty of time for the models to change.  I remember last year when Jason said we would probably only see an inch and we got a foot in Candler and the Asheville area.  :snowing:

1 hour ago, Tacoma said:

Well Jason Boyer on WLOS said this will be a nuisance event, I still thought we were far enough away from the event to where things could change overnight.  I don't think I would have said one way or the other right now since there is plenty of time for the models to change.  I remember last year when Jason said we would probably only see an inch and we got a foot in Candler and the Asheville area.  :snowing:

I agree, this thing still has 72 hours or so to change a lot. It’s hard for me to believe with a 1040 high could not push this thing a little further south