Saturday morning.

GAZ010-NCZ062-063-220400-
/O.EXA.KGSP.WW.Y.0020.000000T0000Z-181222T1700Z/
Rabun-Macon-Southern Jackson-
Including the cities of Clayton, Pine Mountain, Mountain City,
Franklin, Rainbow Springs, Kyle, Highlands, Wolf Mountain,
and Cashiers
256 PM EST Fri Dec 21 2018

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Snow accumulations of up to one inch,
  mainly at elevations above 2500 feet. Winds gusting as high as
  40 mph. Areas of black ice Saturday morning.

11 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Just under 7" of paste on the ground here and still snowing.  This has been a great NWF event. 

I've got about 6 here with light snow. Temps have actually risen the past couple of hours and the wind has dramatically picked up. Just had a gust of 48. And you're right, this stuff is sloppy. There's a lot of mud underneath it here. I had 2.3 inches of rain before the changeover. But snow around Christmas is always nice.

Definitely an elevation dependent snow. Went out for dinner and there's nothing below 3000k in Yancey. I have no idea how that magical 3500 feet line was set but it's always pretty much spot on. Sometimes you can see a straight across snowline on a ridge and it'll be close to that. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

I've got about 6 here with light snow. Temps have actually risen the past couple of hours and the wind has dramatically picked up. Just had a gust of 48. And you're right, this stuff is sloppy. There's a lot of mud underneath it here. I had 2.3 inches of rain before the changeover. But snow around Christmas is always nice.

Definitely an elevation dependent snow. Went out for dinner and there's nothing below 3000k in Yancey. I have no idea how that magical 3500 feet line was set but it's always pretty much spot on. Sometimes you can see a straight across snowline on a ridge and it'll be close to that. 

Yep right about 3000 plus is when you get snow on the ground. Still snowing here. So beautiful right before Christmas. 

4 hours ago, SnoJoe said:

Coming down Scronce Creek.you could see this really well.  There was nothing until I reached the gap.  And then once I reached 4kft in my neighborhood the accumulationchanged dramatically.

I just measured 8-9" in several spots, 8.75" on my board.  Tomorrow night is gonna be great...a full moon is gonna make for some awesome photos. 

• Like 1