• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

Very impressive!  Do you miss it all, or does the beach outweigh this?

Miss the snowstorms terribly. I get to live the chase with you guys. I love the beach but in a perfect world I’d have a place up there for big events. A special thanks to all of you for letting me ride along with this group. I rarely venture outside of it except for the tropical forum.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NavarreDon said:

Miss the snowstorms terribly. I get to live the chase with you guys. I love the beach but in a perfect world I’d have a place up there for big events. A special thanks to all of you for letting me ride along with this group. I rarely venture outside of it except for the tropical forum.

Well, you add a lot, so I am glad that you continue to join us.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Jim is a really cool guy to talk to, helped me and some others push someone's truck out of the snow (I believe that was shown on TWC?) and was cracking jokes with the people who were there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Awesome!  Glad you got the chance to meet him.

d21054cca2f224e5a44d32384a23018d.jpg&key=5b3451b6f9e68c3e80a82364f5040b678d74c530370e85d62db8c861f356332a
Jim is a really cool guy to talk to, helped me and some others push someone's truck out of the snow (I believe that was shown on TWC?) and was cracking jokes with the people who were there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Lucky. If I could make it out my driveway right now I'd be lookin for him.

Out cleaning off the car and truck, not like I can make it up my driveway right now.  When this freezes later I'd bet we will be able to walk on top of this... Wet and heavy... Looks like part 1 of this storm topped out at 18.25 snow/sleet accum.  Raining right now at 34/34... can't wait to see what is coming later tonight

Edit; Hope to meet Jim one day, next storm he has to come to Saluda!!!

While I do not remember the Blizzard of 93 (I was too young), this was the most snow I have seen as well. I have 13 inches of snow in Morganton. Enjoyed building a small snowman, but walking around in it was rough! Who knows, but we may add a little more too the totals tonight and tomorrow. 

907949723_10Snow-Copy.thumb.JPG.4285b83dd1a2f5f8ff13394a2cb76950.JPG

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah I remember because that was the weekend I took this girl I was dating to the candlelight dinner. You picked the perfect time to go last year.

Lol... it just happened to be booked for that weekend,  couldn't change.  I remember my wife was so nervous they were gonna close cowee or balsam on us.

4 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Lol... it just happened to be booked for that weekend,  couldn't change.  I remember my wife was so nervous they were gonna close cowee or balsam on us.

Yeah that was one of those long duration snows that stuck around because it got cold after the storm. Lol we where only suppose to get like 1 inch from that storm... The Biltmore is beautiful this time of the year with all the lights especially in the snow.