• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

Hello from Saluda NC.  Pics taken about 2 hours ago with my phone, will get out the DSLR when I warm up a bit.  30.2˚/30.1˚ according to friend down the street. He has a nice Wx station set up but doesn't belong to the forums, (70...ish older guy, doesn't like the internet) 

Right now 17.5 inches total, about 13.5 snow and the rest sleet.  Moderate sleet with nickel sized flakes mixing in. Might have been some rain at time this morning.  Wet heavy snow/sleet and am starting to worry about the roof as I am approaching '93's totals that were not near this wet.    Shocked I still have power, heard some big limbs go down while shoveling the deck and ramp.  Hope everyone is getting slammed with snow, this will be a storm to remember!!!!

IMG_2216.JPG

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_2219.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

I am glad that I have power. I am sorry for those that don't.

As of 11 a.m. Sunday, Duke Energy was reporting more than 77,000 customers without power in WNC, and more than 200,000 across North Carolina and South Carolina

Still no power here and we didn't get the snow y'all did.

5 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

Is that additional snow tonight?

WSW extended until noon tomorrow. GSP....

...While a brief lull is expected through late afternoon into the evening hours, precipitation will break out once again overnight. Additional snow will redevelop from the northwest, and freezing rain and sleet may mix in once again into Monday morning. Temperatures will be near or below freezing in many areas.

...After an early evening lull, snow showers will redevelop overnight. Some freezing rain or freezing drizzle, could mix in at times. Additional snow and sleet accumulations of 3 to 6 inches, and ice accumulations of around one tenth of an inch, are expected. Winds may gust to 30 mph at times.

27 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Still no power here and we didn't get the snow y'all did.

Heard a transformer blow this morning and saw the line crew working and chainsaws running not far away.  I kept power but clearly others did not and we only had 3 inches.  Hope you get your power back soon.