• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

I have been really impressed with the storm so far. I went to bed at 10:00 p.m. and woke up at 3:30 a.m. to 4 inches of snow, very impressive. Siting at 5 inches of snow at 4:30 a.m. and light to moderate snow continuing with trees bending all over the place. Power outages coming soon I am afraid....

• Like 2

Just now, NavarreDon said:

Congrats folks! As per usual SE weather events we have some that over achieve and some that under achieve. Keeping it all in perspective (Dec. 8-10), it sounds like a pretty awesome chase! Keep the obs, pics, & vids coming.

Hopefully a start to some good tracking this season! 

• Like 1

Looks like the warm nose is already on the way out. It appears that from the Balsam Mountains to the NE should be mostly in the clear as far as mixed precip.  Temps have done nothing but drop in the Balsams over night...down to 23 degrees at mtn top level.   700 mb chart shows the tip of the nose right at the Nc/SC line escarpment area but sliding quickly to the ne and away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ncjoaquin said:

It sure looked bad for a while yesterday, but I am at 10 inches and it is still snowing. Unreal.

Awesome Jason. Under some heavy sleet here. However, short term models looks to push that warm 700mb nose out in a few hours. Taking the kids out in falling snow is one thing, but sleet.... :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

Awesome Jason. Under some heavy sleet here. However, short term models looks to push that warm 700mb nose out in a few hours. Taking the kids out in falling snow is one thing, but sleet.... :)

Thanks Mark. Maybe you will turn back over. Snowing very heavy again here. Looks like at least the initial end is in site. but for now it is hammering.

17 minutes ago, NavarreDon said:

Congrats Jason!!!

Thanks Don. You preached patience. You were correct.

• Like 1

Absolute sleet fest going on this morning.  15.5 inches total, about 13.75 inches snow and the rest sleet. 27˚/26˚.  Unsure of rates but I've never seen (more like heard) the sleet so heavy.  Still have power believe it or not, though it has dimmed a few time this morning.

Edit addition; Hey, does anyone have an opinion on if that warm nose is strong enough to flip this to all rain for a while down here?  

• Like 1