• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

Amazing total so far. We've outperformed as well. I'm sitting at 95" on the year.

Will do. We have over performed with every system this year precipitation wise so I don’t see why this system should be any different. We’re right at 130” of rain for the year. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, LiQuiDBuD said:

After getting down to 33 and heavy mixing, I'm nearing 35 and just a couple flakes mixing. Looking forward to the high getting in position and cooling me back off, I hope.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Don't worry,  with the heavy rates later you will be fine.

7 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

I need to just not look at the radar.  I always have negative illusions of what is going on.

Speaking of rain. 70 inches this year. I don't know how you guys do that every year. There has not been one event that has not over performed. Let's hope that the trend continues.

Trust me, it gets really old. And it can be frustrating in the winter when you can barely get .25 qpf out of a snow event but a rain event can easily be 4-6 inches.

Just now, HurricaneTracker said:

Uh oh. 3km NAM has 4-6 hours of sleet for Asheville overnight tonight, during the period of best forcing and maximum moisture. Bye bye snow totals. Time to sound the alarms.  This is not an epic event or once in a generation event.  Oh and 12Z NAM cuts QPF by 40-50% as well.  Damn.

A181F2A1-E7ED-462B-9323-DE2D6665A750.png

Damn! 

19 minutes ago, HurricaneTracker said:

Uh oh. 3km NAM has 4-6 hours of sleet for Asheville overnight tonight, during the period of best forcing and maximum moisture. Bye bye snow totals. Time to sound the alarms.  This is not an epic event or once in a generation event.  Oh and 12Z NAM cuts QPF by 40-50% as well.  Damn.

Dang. Talk about Lucy pulling the football. :(

4 minutes ago, HurricaneTracker said:

Not buying the QPF reduction whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, HurricaneTracker said:

The 12k 12Z NAM actually increased QPF. Interesting.