Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

56 minutes ago, HurricaneTracker said:

Ha ha ha. For now.....yes

Can't believe GSP has Asheville under a WSW and for 1 to 8 inches of snow during the event from start to end.  I would have thought more like 12 to 20 during the whole event.  That is unreal 1 to 8 inches.  I mean with what the models keep coming out with that is a joke.  I even see where winds will be gusting to 50 miles an hour at times, sounds more like Blizzard conditions.  Most everything I've looked at and maps I've seen keeps from Hendersonville north mostly if not all snow during the whole event.

2 minutes ago, cold air aloft said:

I know folks have varying opinions of TWC, but Tom Nizzel is still confidently bullish on this event for most of us. Calling for around a foot for most of the mountains.

Yeah, he’s been dropping large totals all evening. It has me confused, ha! 

Hey, y’all! 

I am considering chasing this one in the Hendersonville/Flat Rock area. That area is the closest area to Atlanta (where I’ll be Saturday) that is consistently getting nailed on the models. I came in here to see if you guys had any suggestions or if you think that’s a good spot. Never been up that way before. Thinking of getting a cheap hotel for 2 nights somewhere right off I-26, which I’m sure is a main priority for those plowing. 

Thanks for your insight in advance! 

22 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

Hey, y’all! 

I am considering chasing this one in the Hendersonville/Flat Rock area. That area is the closest area to Atlanta (where I’ll be Saturday) that is consistently getting nailed on the models. I came in here to see if you guys had any suggestions or if you think that’s a good spot. Never been up that way before. Thinking of getting a cheap hotel for 2 nights somewhere right off I-26, which I’m sure is a main priority for those plowing. 

Thanks for your insight in advance! 

Upward Road off of I26 in Flat Rock. 3 new hotels, Cracker Barrel, etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

Listening to Jason's live video right now, you could tell he was caught off guard earlier by GSP and it made him a little uneasy. Now he's back to his guns and he's very confident. Feels only mixing will be an issue in SW mtns. Calling for huge totals in central and northern mtns.

00Z NAM trending his direction. Starts precip MUCH earlier (mid morning Saturday) and thus wedges us in much sooner.

• Like 4