Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

3 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

This is starting to look eerily similar to the Dec. 8 storm last year. I got about 10 from the low and another 2 from flow that night. Some of you guys to my SW got over a foot. I'll take that in a heartbeat. That was a nice storm.

We got right at a foot here.... but this is a totally different setup.  Looking at a lot of slop down this way.

As long as I’ve been on this board some people hug each model run. Here’s a friendly psa. Watch trends not individual model runs. No reason to cliff dive now.

As far N FB river valley goes after living there for 11 years I will be stunned if their is freezing rain issues or major dry slotting. Not saying it won’t happen but I think it’s unlikely.

Take a breath, the chase is part of the fun!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chapelhillwx said:

Going to book a hotel room tonight -- Staying the night Saturday at my gf's house in Greenville (to see Hamilton, I wonder if it'll be canceled) and heading north first thing in the morning. Would y'all say Hendersonville, Asheville, or somewhere else that's relatively easy to get out of?

I'd say somewhere between the 2. Fletcher or Skyland, maybe somewhere around the airport. I say that only because Asheville proper can sometimes be prone to getting snowholed if warmer air travels down the FB River Valley from the NW. Honestly, if you can find an AirBNB around Bearwallow Mountain. I think that will be the SweetSpot!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rainforrest said:

Southern escarpment looks golden

The escarpment in general is looking great. I say in terms of inhabited areas (not Mt. Pisgah, or Mitchell), high elevations along the escarpment are going to see a boat load. Highlands, Sapphire, Balsam Grove, Bearwallow Mtn, and obviously going up into the Spruce Pine and Blowing Rock areas.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

The escarpment in general is looking great. I say in terms of inhabited areas (not Mt. Pisgah, or Mitchell), high elevations along the escarpment are going to see a boat load. Highlands, Sapphire, Balsam Grove, Bearwallow Mtn, and obviously going up into the Spruce Pine and Blowing Rock areas.

Don’t forget Lake Toxaway. Lol

• Like 1