Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

3 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

I've got a solid 2.5 to 3 inches here. Just had a rather intense squall a few minutes ago that laid down about a half inch. It's 19.2 here with a few flurries at the moment.

I just opened my blinds up because I forgot it was supposed to snow this morning and kinda flipped out. Have about 2.5 as well

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BretWheatley said:

At this point, I'm thrilled to still be having great run after RUN. Looking GREAT!

Absolutely. Though it is the lowest on QPF...but has been dry on every event this season....sometimes by a factor of 2 or 3.  So look at thermal profiles and just how STOUT that wedge has become on the GFS. This is a big deal folks.  Be prepared. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HurricaneTracker said:

Absolutely. Though it is the lowest on QPF...but has been dry on every event this season....sometimes by a factor of 2 or 3.  So look at thermal profiles and just how STOUT that wedge has become on the GFS. This is a big deal folks.  Be prepared. 

What's you thoughts on the CMC despite it being on it's own?

7 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

What's you thoughts on the CMC despite it being on it's own?

It’s internally inconsistent. 300 mile shift northward in one model run. Plows the low from New Orleans to northern Alabama and right into the southern Apps. Looks suspicious to me. Lows don’t move into wedges. CAD wedge is excellent on this run and 1036 high sits over Philly on Saturday. Would agree it’s an outlier run for now as it disagrees with GFS and NAM from this mornings runs. 

1 minute ago, FallsLake said:

My son goes to App state and just ran off the road. He's ok but said it was pouring the snow. Luckily, his grandfather is there and is helping him get out of the ditch.  

Hate to hear that! I was on the roads earlier, but they are much worse now than they were earlier this morning.

• Thanks 1