Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

Just now, NCSNOW said:

Was up in Boone today. West half of campus got snow, solid half inch, east side hardly any. Was a betifull ride up 421 with all the frozen fog on elevated surfaces. We win tommorow fingers crossed we get weather like wsu verse washington on cbs now. Ripping fatties

Hope so...make it tough for Troy tomorrow...ASU will have an advantage in this mountain weather :)  Go ASU!

• Like 1

Just now, strongwxnc said:

Thanks Jason! You to man. I’ll tie a few for ya today emoji481.png
Heading out in about an hour. I’ll pop updates on the roads folks!
35 and all rain here in the foothills.

Awesome sauce brudda!! I feel this is going to be a fun winter for tracking systems! I am liking this to analog years 2009-2010 and maybe 2002-2003...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, strongwxnc said:

Thanks Jason! You to man. I’ll tie a few for ya today emoji481.png
Heading out in about an hour. I’ll pop updates on the roads folks!
35 and all rain here in the foothills.

Mark, 

Did you all experience any ip at the onset of precipitation last night? Just curious if you all had any frozen precip before the main body of rain started moving through. Thanks man! 

Mark, 
Did you all experience any ip at the onset of precipitation last night? Just curious if you all had any frozen precip before the main body of rain started moving through. Thanks man! 

Not at my place! However, on 64 out of Rutherford and into McDowell, trees all over the place! Had to move a few and reroute to get around. Roads are good but damn, lots of trees down! Heading to 321 now.
Crazy drive so far!

Just now, strongwxnc said:

Not at my place! However, on 64 out of Rutherford and into McDowell, trees all over the place! Had to move a few and reroute to get around. Roads are good but damn, lots of trees down! Heading to 321 now.
Crazy drive so far!

When the precipitation started moving through Belmont, NC, it started out as sleet and rain mix. It was only like this for a few minutes and then just plain ole COLD AZE RAIN. LOL. 

Beautiful glaze on trees here in Hickory this morning. Small icicles on the deck. Went below freezing around 10 PM last night. Rose above freezing around 7 AM this morning. A few remnant sleet pellets preserves in the glaze from earlier last night.

Parents live in Lenoir and also report power out. They haven't traveled anywhere, so I can't report on the road conditions there. Power supposed to be back on around noon today.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

• Like 1