• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

Looks like heading into tonight through tomorrow morning the boarder counties will get in on some upslope snow.  The flow will not be a true NW flow but will kind of rotate as the system pulls northward.  Most places should see some type of flake action along the boarder. It shoukd make for a festival feel there. Good luck.

• Like 1

Wound up with about a half inch of sleet and solid glaze of ZR. Hearing from friends in Eastern Ashe County that it was a lot worse there. Roads south/west of Boone were a little slushy at 530 this morning but not too bad. Few small limbs down here and there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Although I would like to see a few flakes of snow this evening; looking forward to the upcoming sunshine.  Loved this statement from the GSP forecast discussion and all I have to say is amen to that:

As of 200 AM EST Thursday: Generally quiet through the extended (and
we definitely deserve the break!).

• Like 1

Having 40+ mph wind gusts blow across my still iced-over home and yard is a scary sound. Lived here for a few years, we've had the ice and we've had plenty of wind, but this is the first time they've been simultaneous.

Still, it's been a fun night. Rain changed over to snow on my way home as I drove through Blowing Rock, and has been snowing pretty regularly since. It looks quite pretty outside...now if I can get through the night without power loss or property damage, that would be great.

28 minutes ago, Hvward said:

I am excited to share with everyone that after some hard work/learning, I have finally gotten a downtown Asheville webcam up and running on my site. Hope you guys check it out!

http://www.ashevillewx.com/gtadowntownashevillecam

Awesome. Is that facing west? Now go set one up at Joe and Bucketheads house and well be in business. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hvward said:

I am excited to share with everyone that after some hard work/learning, I have finally gotten a downtown Asheville webcam up and running on my site. Hope you guys check it out!

Awesome!  Thank you for sharing.  Looking forward to seeing what's going on in your neck of the woods often.  It might get an early workout this year................  

• Like 1