Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

8 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Thunder and hail here west of Boone. Stiff winds too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thunder and lightning here but just now starting to rain. Strange to see after how the last few days were. Still in the low 50's. Didn't hear anyone mention storms tonight.

8 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

^Is that Hanging Rock State Park, eyewall? Beautiful pics!

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

Yes it is. It is legal to launch outside of the park boundaries to take a look. You just can't take off or land in state parks in NC.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, eyewall said:

It is permanent for the time being. I sure will miss Vermont without a doubt. I had to come back for my fiancee.  Expect plenty of complaining as I got from 100" of snow a year to 0 LOL.

Well it's good to have you back. We need good mets to help track storms when they do occur.  

But one thing you have to admit, snow here is more special than a place that gets it continuously for three months. I've lived in colder climates and I didn't enjoy the snow/cold as much as I do now in NC. There's nothing better than a good SE snow storm. Sometimes we have to wait a few years to get it, but we eventually do.   

14 hours ago, FallsLake said:

Well it's good to have you back. We need good mets to help track storms when they do occur.  

But one thing you have to admit, snow here is more special than a place that gets it continuously for three months. I've lived in colder climates and I didn't enjoy the snow/cold as much as I do now in NC. There's nothing better than a good SE snow storm. Sometimes we have to wait a few years to get it, but we eventually do.   

That is true although I witnessed a 30 inch snowfall up there and that is special almost anywhere. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

12z euro ensembles throwing a big hint about a potential storm around the 14th/15th.

The Pattern thats getting ready to set up supports it. Been advertised (pattern evolving) for a few days now. Getting inside of 10 days , so lets see, watch it get reeled in as the week unfolds.

13 hours ago, Tyler Penland said:

12z euro ensembles throwing a big hint about a potential storm around the 14th/15th.

GFS showing something on the 14th as well. the FV3 and GFS were throwing around stuff between the 12th and 14th since early last week, best signs so far.