Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Complaint/Banter Thread

IWXwx

59 minutes ago, AppsRunner said:

How far below average are you guys by now? We're at about 10" below normal IIRC, probably closer to 15-20" by mid January since there appears to be zero appreciable threats over the next two weeks. 

We are in the same boat. As of today, we're -9.6" and counting.

Nothing like 4'+ of snow and 100mph winds in the Sierra's

Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. High near 20. Wind chill values as low as -6. Windy, with a south wind 70 to 75 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 15 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 13. Wind chill values as low as -7. Windy, with a west wind 55 to 65 mph decreasing to 41 to 51 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 100 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 18. Windy, with a southwest wind 33 to 38 mph increasing to 40 to 45 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 16. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 14 to 20 inches possible.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Sled and trailer for sale. Game over on this one.

Clearly you haven't been keeping up with the dramatic model turn around in the last 24 hours.  Next week the pattern change begins .    We're on the threshold of a '78 Jan/Feb esque pattern realizing.   Don't sell that sled!!!  Grease it up!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Clearly you haven't been keeping up with the dramatic model turn around in the last 24 hours.  Next week the pattern change begins .    We're on the threshold of a '78 Jan/Feb esque pattern realizing.   Don't sell that sled!!!  Grease it up!

Right....

12 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I don't see how the people in the MA Forum can be so confident of a pattern change when its 10+ days away.

I agree, when the pattern change is within days and looks like it has legs ill start to buy in. Today was making me wish for spring though. Blue skies, temperatures in the mid 40s. 

• Like 1

Just now, mississaugasnow said:

I agree, when the pattern change is within days and looks like it has legs ill start to buy in. Today was making me wish for spring though. Blue skies, temperatures in the mid 40s. 

No doubt, today was beautiful.   As far as the pattern change....i just hope if it happens we,keep the boobie pattern, (credit angrysummons), and just get things a little colder.   That way at least we have trackable storms without the crushing, suppressive brutal cold.   I have no desire to see the PV park over the northern lakes....

• Like 1

Just now, buckeye said:

No doubt, today was beautiful.   As far as the pattern change....i just hope if it happens we,keep the boobie pattern, (credit angrysummons), and just get things a little colder.   That way at least we have trackable storms without the crushing, suppressive brutal cold.   I have no desire to see the PV park over the northern lakes....

Ill take brutally cold weather and random 1-2 inch snowfalls from alberta clippers. I enjoy legit winter storms but at this point ill take highs between 10-15F and lows below 0F with consistent snow cover. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, buckeye said:

To each their own, but in my case I wouldn't mind a PV to setup shop somewhere near the Hudson bay, but I think I would be in the minority in the subforum. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, josh_4184 said:

To each their own, but in my case I wouldn't mind a PV to setup shop somewhere near the Hudson bay, but I think I would be in the minority in the subforum. 

If you're in a lake effect area, I absolutely get it.    But 1-2" of crusty snow cover with weeks of Arctic dry cold.....fck that....ill take a January day like today over that every single time.  Maybe I'm just turning into an old fogie :D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

At least the complaint thread isn't "Hot" anymore lol.

yea it is to an extent, how many times since late Oct has a 'big' low pressure system swelled out of the gulf states, moved over central/east TN, and powered right over W.VA and not produce one snowflake in the Ohio/IND area???  My home WX station has recorded a half inch of rain since 5pm tonight (3hrs ago) on the NW side of a "winter time low pressure system" again, bleh...

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Any pattern change being celebrated in east coast sub forums isn't going to help us unless you live off the lakes or enjoy dusty clippers.

For the Chicago area and western/central  lakes that's true, but for the ohio Valley and eastern lower lakes that's not necessarily.   The snowapocalypse of late Jan and Feb '10 being a great example.  

Besides, let's not forget the mentality of the MA poster.  Any trough, cold air, or low pressure east of the continental divide is by default an HECS threat.  :lol:

• Haha 1