• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Predict the Date: First Bonafide Nor'Easter of the Season

Rtd208

Latest EURO Weeklies look 'cold behind the ears'.    This clashes with other LR outputs.    Therefore I do not think there will be a Nor'easter till an accidental BN period can occur---ie. when just normal temps. might produce one anyway.  

I will go with Dec. 11.   Hope this is not optimistic.    lol.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

Every year around this time I like to get things started for the upcoming fall and winter with the "Predict the Date" of the first bonafide nor'easter of the season be it rain and or snow. Hopefully this season will be an active one.

Starts October 1st 2018 thru March 31st 2019

Noreaster season should be considered as lasting through April as we have gotten some rather big ones in April (some rain some snow.)  Tax Day noreaster in 2007 was one of the biggest on record, not to mention April 1982, 1983, 1996, 1997, 2003, etc.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I think we need some parameters. Just “nor’easter” is too broad.

I agree, some people need to look up their definitions of what a noreaster is and when it can occur.  We've had some in the summer also.

Nor'easters are most often associated with strong winter storms crawling up the Northeast coast, but snow isn't a requirement for such a storm. These storms are most frequent and strongest between September and April, but can occur any time of the year.Mar 1, 2018
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I agree, some people need to look up their definitions of what a noreaster is and when it can occur.  We've had some in the summer also.

Nor'easters are most often associated with strong winter storms crawling up the Northeast coast, but snow isn't a requirement for such a storm. These storms are most frequent and strongest between September and April, but can occur any time of the year.Mar 1, 2018

Ok thank you Mr. Know it all.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
16 hours ago, weatherpruf said:

The seas are dreadful with 10-15 foot rollers being forecast and gale force east winds. Can't remember such a run of bad conditions this time of year. 

It’s all about your perception: I think this fall has been incredible so far. Hurricane swell after hurricane swell. Followed by a solid nor’easter. A surfers dream. This one will not work out for New Jersey but there are spots on Long Island that will have world class waves this week. 

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s all about your perception: I think this fall has been incredible so far. Hurricane swell after hurricane swell. Followed by a solid nor’easter. A surfers dream. This one will not work out for New Jersey but there are spots on Long Island that will have world class waves this week. 

There might be some good surf on the Jersey coast with this!