• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Florence Observations

Solak

Woohoo, back up. We ended up with 11.5" from Florence. Don't know about the winds. I had 6 sections of my privacy fence come down with 4 of the posts snapped at the base. A large limb came down also but luckily no damage to my roof or house. Many of my neighbors were not so fortunate. Power was off for 5 days.

• Like 2

Hello folks,, back up here from Wilmington... What a Wild ride it's been.. Wilmington has been devastated...

Lord Bless all those First Responders, Power crew Linemen (and women), and Cable Co. Crews!

Some parts of the City are with-out power & will be for a couple weeks yet..

Some area(s) I been look pretty much there were Tornados embedded with-in the Eye-wall..

Damage I only can describe as being done by Tornados.. What I mean by  this, you can notive trees snapped or pushed down one direction, While on the, say other side of a street it's a totally opposite direction..  Utility poles "snapped" in half. Transformers torn off poles & flung hundreds of yards like empty beer cans.. (same with stop lights)..

As if someone grabbed power lines as if They were Noodles and tossed them out the car window..  

I wish I could set here a bit, relating the "aftermath", looting, Gas lines & fights, armed guards & curfews.. Food in Short Supply, as Wilmington became a "Island"..

As I understand there's only One Route, into Wilmington, through Jacksonville/Hampstead ATM..

We were watching the "Hype" on the Weather Channel & Local channel(s), until late..

I was watching Radar.. Watching the Eye Make Landfall..

Which I assume was on  Masonborough Island..

As I opined upthread, We had light winds, & rain, making fun of the Weather Hype..

Then it got really quite... about sometime after 2AM or so.. All manners of Hell broke loose..

As I posted upthread, My digital Wind anemometer, read 110 MPH in a gust(s); right as a Live Oak took it out.. (Gust or Tornado?)…. 

The house shook for HOURS! I was chitting the bed thinking about these Mature live Oaks around the house crashing through the roof..

A couple barely missed the house thank the Lord....

Going outside, Light rain had turned into a FIRE hose spraying water sideways.... Limbs, leaves & debris was flying through the air, as I started My Generator..

Dern nearly breaking My leg in the process..

It rained nearly 3 Days straight afterwards...

Flash flood alerts and Tornado warnings every Day & night..

As they say, the rest is History..

I would type more... I'm just plain tired after this past week...

One LAST THING...

I opined this would be a Fran + Floyd + Hugo..

Well I got 2 outta 3 right.. Fran & Floyd..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SENC said:

Hello folks,, back up here from Wilmington... What a Wild ride it's been.. Wilmington has been devastated...

Lord Bless all those First Responders, Power crew Linemen (and women), and Cable Co. Crews!

Thanks for checking in! Glad all is relatively OK(?) with you.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Solak said:

Welcome back! Been wondering about our coastal folk.

Thanks, we actually ended up in Virginia Beach on Saturday after I was able to walk around the neighborhood Friday evening and see all the power lines down. I figured it would be at least a week before we got it back up so Saturday morning we left and came back Thursday when I heard that power was back on.