Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter 2018

Carvers Gap

10 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

If I have come off negative lately I apologize to all. I'm trying to dissect the pattern in any way I can to see how it might produce something and maybe I've just been too dissecty about it. 

Did not interpret an ounce of negativity at all.  I had a typo that should have been "now" and not "no." I think that set the wrong tone in a post. LOL.  Besides, I would have been fine if it was in disagreement or if it was negative.  One of the great things about this subform is that we all don't agree IMHO.   Good science should always have folks testing each other's ideas.  

• Like 1

A question to the regular posters and those with more weather knowledge than me...which is practically everyone.  Would it be in poor taste to start a sort of "education" thread where one could ask for explanations of certain weather phenomena?  Not expecting to replace study and research, but sometimes some things are posted that are obviously over my head and I do my best to scour the internet for explanations.  This could be a topic to allow some questions and maybe even a place to post good articles/webpages as we run across them.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastKnox said:

A question to the regular posters and those with more weather knowledge than me...which is practically everyone.  Would it be in poor taste to start a sort of "education" thread where one could ask for explanations of certain weather phenomena?  Not expecting to replace study and research, but sometimes some things are posted that are obviously over my head and I do my best to scour the internet for explanations.  This could be a topic to allow some questions and maybe even a place to post good articles/webpages as we run across them.  Thoughts?

Go for it.  Any way we can effectively grow the forum...I am game.  That does not mean I have the answers...just means that I think it is a great idea.  (Edit:typos are killing me...)

51 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Congratulations to our Alabama fans(there are a few that drop in from time to time) on a big win in Atlanta tonight.  Wow, what a comeback.  Glad to see Hurts get a little redemption.  

I’m with you on hurts,  what a story.  Darn nick nearly teared up in the postgame interview with hurts.  As soon as he went in for tua I started to root for bama for hurts and hurts alone.  The kid could’ve went anywhere he wanted to play ball but he stuck it out at bama.  Hard work and preparation always meet an opportunity at some point. Glad jalen’s perseverance paid off for him and his team.  GBO for life as always but I love a good redemption story.

• Like 1