Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter 2018

Carvers Gap

3 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Hey, you never know, Blacksburg NWS posted that Snowshoe, WV had its first flakes this AM. You are a lot further north than all of us Blunderstorm, so maybe not too far off:

When it comes down to NW flow latitude certainly matters but just as you all do I live in the valley as well and not on a northwest facing slope either. If I see a flurry or two perhaps Daniel, Kentucky, John and maybe just maybe the folks in the Tri-Cities will. My fingers are crossed for a repeat of October 29 last year as slim as that chance may be.

I'm seeing improvement. Yes, Tennessee won. But there appears to be a change or evolution occurring right before our eyes. The Vols had no business beating Auburn at their stadium. I didn't expect the win today, nor do I expect them to best Alabama. But they are focusing on their assignments and plays much better. Hell, it's a night and day comparison.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

Jax, good game to you and your Tigers.  Auburn fans are my favorite fans in the conference.  I used to love the rivalry during the 90s.   I actually miss it.  Anyway, you had the pulse of this game from the get go.  Have a good Sunday.  

You guys have some good WR's,if you can just fix that run but that starts up front.We have the same problem up front.One play Stidham dropped back and took two steps back and someone was already in his face.Oh well,no excuses here i saw this coming.Yeah i also remember when we had a rivalry each year,we played the 2nd or third game each season,this stopped when the divisions took over.

• Like 1

Signature win for you guys.  Maybe y’all are finally putting it back together.

If we can just keep improving. I don't expect a miracle against Alabama, they show improvement and still get smashed; however, for the first time since before the Florida debacle, I am entertaining the possibility of 7 wins and a bowl. Feels good, man.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

Jax, good game to you and your Tigers.  Auburn fans are my favorite fans in the conference.  I used to love the rivalry during the 90s.   I actually miss it.  Anyway, you had the pulse of this game from the get go.  Have a good Sunday.  

Had a "guys" weekend in Auburn AL.  Me and a few of my college friends started a tradition of making an annual trip to a different SEC stadium back in 2014.  We have had pretty good luck in seeing great games (OT Thriller in South Carolina in 2014, Tennessee at Alabama 19-14 in 2015, and the Jennings hail mary between the hedges in Athens).  We won't talk about Columbia last year, all we did was check the "present" box and rule out a future visit.  lol

The Auburn game was special.  No, the Vols aren't back.  Yes, we likely lose several more this year, but it's hard not to notice the improvement.  Pruitt is starting to get buy in.  What Saturday does, aside from providing a feel good moment in time, is improve recruiting.  The future is bright.  The coaches coached their tails off in that game after the first two drives and the players played their tails off.

What was even more special were the Auburn fans.  I didn't expect to be welcomed to Auburn clad in UT orange, but that's what we got.  On a consistent basis, young and old welcomed us to their city, both before the game and AFTER.  Toomers corner, great food, and even better fans will be how I will remember this weekend.  It was a total game experience and the BEST time we have had to this point.

We head to Gainesville next year, so definitely not expecting the same experience.  I was there in the mid 90s and the experience was terrible.  If we get a win in the swamp I won't care...............

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

Had a "guys" weekend in Auburn AL.  Me and a few of my college friends started a tradition of making an annual trip to a different SEC stadium back in 2014.  We have had pretty good luck in seeing great games (OT Thriller in South Carolina in 2014, Tennessee at Alabama 19-14 in 2015, and the Jennings hail mary between the hedges in Athens).  We won't talk about Columbia last year, all we did was check the "present" box and rule out a future visit.  lol

The Auburn game was special.  No, the Vols aren't back.  Yes, we likely lose several more this year, but it's hard not to notice the improvement.  Pruitt is starting to get buy in.  What Saturday does, aside from providing a feel good moment in time, is improve recruiting.  The future is bright.  The coaches coached their tails off in that game after the first two drives and the players played their tails off.

What was even more special were the Auburn fans.  I didn't expect to be welcomed to Auburn clad in UT orange, but that's what we got.  On a consistent basis, young and old welcomed us to their city, both before the game and AFTER.  Toomers corner, great food, and even better fans will be how I will remember this weekend.  It was a total game experience and the BEST time we have had to this point.

We head to Gainesville next year, so definitely not expecting the same experience.  I was there in the mid 90s and the experience was terrible.  If we get a win in the swamp I won't care...............

I could tell there were a few Vols fans at the game,pretty loud

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Is there a good place for Northern Hemisphere snowcover maps? 

https://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/nh_snowcover/

That site has been broken for a while. It directs to a page that says their security is improperly configured if I try to view any images, regardless of which browswer I use.

https://climate.rutgers.edu/snowcover/chart_daily.php?ui_year=2018&ui_day=287&ui_set=0 This is all I could find with a brief google search. It certainly isn't a good replacement for NOHRSC, I can say that much... Thankfully the National Snow Analyses page still works.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlunderStorm said:

https://climate.rutgers.edu/snowcover/chart_daily.php?ui_year=2018&ui_day=287&ui_set=0 This is all I could find with a brief google search. It certainly isn't a good replacement for NOHRSC, I can say that much... Thankfully the National Snow Analyses page still works.

Here's another

snowAFnh.gif

It won't let me paste the link the image pops up.If you right click on the image you'll have options to pull up the link tho,if you want to book mark it.

• Thanks 2

What do you all like to use for wind forecasts? I can't stand the little flag and hook thingies! I know they are out there somewhere because I saw them(using actual shading and numbers) during the hurricanes. For some outdoor activities the wind forecast is more important than the temp at times. Plus it always seems wrong whenever I go fishing. :)

2 hours ago, Coach B said:

What do you all like to use for wind forecasts? I can't stand the little flag and hook thingies! I know they are out there somewhere because I saw them(using actual shading and numbers) during the hurricanes. For some outdoor activities the wind forecast is more important than the temp at times. Plus it always seems wrong whenever I go fishing. :)

Windfinder isn't bad.You can use your wheel on your mouse to go in and out and right or left click for direction to find what location your looking for.The pic is at my house 9AM this morning.Goes out 3-days using the GFS.

https://www.windfinder.com/#9/36.1046/-86.2866/sfc/2018-10-26T14:00Z

Windfinder   wind  wave   weather reports  forecasts   statistics worldwide.png

• Thanks 1