Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter 2018

Carvers Gap

43 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Looks like Tennessee fans are going to have plenty of time to "talk weather."  Shew.  Six turnovers.  The outcome of that game is comparable to hitting 80 degrees during prime January snow climatology - for an entire week.

Definitely.  That was pretty rough to watch.  Never would of thought we were gonna play that sloppy.  Only gets tougher with Georgia this week.  

55 minutes ago, AMZ8990 said:

Definitely.  That was pretty rough to watch.  Never would of thought we were gonna play that sloppy.  Only gets tougher with Georgia this week.  

#2, #9, #1 by the power rankings in back-to-back-to-back games.  Georgia, Auburn, and Bama.  First two of those are on the road.  Toughest three game stretch in the NCAA this year.  Maybe the toughest three game stretch in recent history.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

#2, #9, #1 by the power rankings in back-to-back-to-back games.  Georgia, Auburn, and Bama.  First two of those are on the road.  Toughest three game stretch in the NCAA this year.  Maybe the toughest three game stretch in recent history.

Auburn can get beat,our off. line is not good at all.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

No doubt, it’s gonna make us or break us I think.  I’m hoping the loss FL will help us Cause we know what we need to work on now.  Ball security was terrible though and that reflects discipline imo, and that’s on the coaches as much as the players.  We can’t block 5 guys with max protect schemes (7 guys) though either so that’s a whole other problem to address.  We’ve gotta find 5 nasty o lineman who want to punish guys though if we want to have a chance at being successful this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I was pretty happy with the game this week, despite what the score was.  Take away that early fumble that GA recovered and add the interception that was called back on a penalty....add Pruitt not going for 2 twice and its 24 - 14. Others may disagree, but I don't think UT was that far and a couple of breaks from the score looking a lot better. Not sure if Georgia was having an off day (I had expected something like 70 - 3), but it didn't feel like they (Georgia) just made a bunch of mistakes.  

I'm still waiting to see a sign that things are getting better. Not really seeing it yet as we've been completely dominated by teams with a pulse. Georgia sleep walked and still rolled us. The same penalty repeating during punts is troubling. Look at Florida's turnaround and consider we've had better recruiting classes than them the last 4 years. 20 of Tennessee's 22 starters are 4 and 5 star recruits that were recruited by every top school in the nation.

As for the Vols, I am glad they fought against UGA.  I am growing tired of moral victories, but I also understand that Pruitt has his work cut out for him.  There are times that they are really difficult to watch - just some really bad football on offense (just pick your reason).  I think the defense has made great strides.  The offense looks about as bad as I have ever seen it, especially up front.  At some point, I hope we can take a big step forward.  I like Pruitt.  I think he is a good teacher of the game, and tough when he needs to be.  Right now, the team is made up o 3/4 Butch guys, and 1/4 Pruitt guys(and those kids were recruited w a very short recruiting cycle due to timing of the NCAA Dec signing).  I think it will take 2-3 years for him to establish the standard for which we will play by.  Unless something drastic happens, I don't think anyone is going to catch Bama(likely UGA as well now) anytime soon.  I think if we can get to where we can win 8-9 games consistently, that will be a nice benchmark.  I am not convinced that the pieces are in place in Knoxville to put a championship team on the field.  Could it happen?  Sure.  Until we have a new university president and a full board of trustees, we don't really know if they want football healthy.  FTR, I really like Fulmer and think he is one piece to the puzzle in our favor.  Still, we need some other pieces to fit into place.  We also need to get the SEC schedule corrected so these murderer's row type schedules can be minimized.  Next year's  SEC schedule is much improved for UT.  I have minimal hopes for a bowl game this year, but stranger things have happened.  On to the bye week...and then @Auburn and then Bama at home during consecutive weeks.  It is the equivalent of this fall's, never-ending ridge...FL, UGA, Auburn, and Bama back-to-back-to-back-to-back.  Tough to rebuild on that schedule.  Three top ten teams in a row...

• Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 10:05 AM, Carvers Gap said:

As for the Vols, I am glad they fought against UGA.  I am growing tired of moral victories, but I also understand that Pruitt has his work cut out for him.  There are times that they are really difficult to watch - just some really bad football on offense (just pick your reason).  I think the defense has made great strides.  The offense looks about as bad as I have ever seen it, especially up front.  At some point, I hope we can take a big step forward.  I like Pruitt.  I think he is a good teacher of the game, and tough when he needs to be.  Right now, the team is made up o 3/4 Butch guys, and 1/4 Pruitt guys(and those kids were recruited w a very short recruiting cycle due to timing of the NCAA Dec signing).  I think it will take 2-3 years for him to establish the standard for which we will play by.  Unless something drastic happens, I don't think anyone is going to catch Bama(likely UGA as well now) anytime soon.  I think if we can get to where we can win 8-9 games consistently, that will be a nice benchmark.  I am not convinced that the pieces are in place in Knoxville to put a championship team on the field.  Could it happen?  Sure.  Until we have a new university president and a full board of trustees, we don't really know if they want football healthy.  FTR, I really like Fulmer and think he is one piece to the puzzle in our favor.  Still, we need some other pieces to fit into place.  We also need to get the SEC schedule corrected so these murderer's row type schedules can be minimized.  Next year's  SEC schedule is much improved for UT.  I have minimal hopes for a bowl game this year, but stranger things have happened.  On to the bye week...and then @Auburn and then Bama at home during consecutive weeks.  It is the equivalent of this fall's, never-ending ridge...FL, UGA, Auburn, and Bama back-to-back-to-back-to-back.  Tough to rebuild on that schedule.  Three top ten teams in a row...

You guys have to stick with what you got in Pruitt.You guys have never seemed to have survived since Kiffin when he took your recruits with him.I feel bad for you guys and plus you had some dumb ass chancellor to go with this for years.Your on the right road but its going to take time.Good luck but not next week..lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

You guys have to stick with what you got in Pruitt.You guys have never seemed to have survived since Kiffin when he took your recruits with him.I feel bad for you guys and plus you had some dumb ass chancellor to go with this for years.Your on the right road but its going to take time.Good luck but not next week..lol

Kamara sitting on the bench....malpractice on Jones' part.  Yeah, we will give Pruitt time for sure, but it is frustrating seeing teams flip the script quicker than we do.  I do like Pruitt.  Problem w Pruitt turning it around...let's just hope it does not correlate to the departure of Saban.  And I do think Pruitt gets it done, but there are lingering doubts as to weather our OC has ability.  The offensive line has been so bad...not sure anyone can call a reasonable sequence of plays to account for the number of whiffs.  Right now, Auburn is just better than us.  Could we steal it?  Anything can happen on a given Saturday.  Our kids haven't won an SEC game in almost two years...going to be tough to break the streak.  The mentality of losing is very tough to break.  

8 hours ago, jaxjagman said:

Like i said we suck and you guys can beat us,there's nothing new with my thoughts.You cant keep a D on the field when the O never see the field..We have no running game and Stidham sucks IMHO

LOL.  Well, you know it is bad when we are trying to convince the other that our own team doesn't have the mojo to win.  Just now saw the score for you all.  Well, the good thing about next Saturday is that one of our teams will get a W...Maybe one of our teams will look good doing it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

LOL.  Well, you know it is bad when we are trying to convince the other that our own team doesn't have the mojo to win.  Just now saw the score for you all.  Well, the good thing about next Saturday is that one of our teams will get a W...Maybe one of our teams will look good doing it.

It would be ironic if neither team won and they simply tied.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first GFS fantasy flakes of the year! 99 percent chance this doesn't happen, but late October and flakes aren't terribly uncommon here. October 1995 had several snow showery days here, October 1993 saw 3 inches on Halloween. Both those led into good winters. The hurricane driven mountain monster snow didn't seem to translate to anything but a bleh winter a few years ago.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png

• Like 3