Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Hurricane Florence: STORM MODE THREAD

stormtracker

Tornado Reports (CSV) (Raw Tornado CSV)

TimeLocationCountyStateLatLonComments

14034 SSE MERRY HILLBERTIENC35967675PUBLIC SITED A TORNADO AND TREE DAMAGE WAS REPORTED OFF WINSTON FARM RD OFF OF NC 45 (AKQ)

14324 SSE MERRY HILLBERTIENC35967675PUBLIC SITED A TORNADO AND TREE DAMAGE WAS REPORTED OFF WINSTON FARM RD OFF OF NC 45 (AKQ)

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Wilmington fire had to call a GoTeam in on the collapse assignment which is never good.  A GoTeam is a field trauma unit that can do critical medical care practices like amputation.  

yeah, i thought that was the follow up to your earlier post about the potential for a field amputation. :( 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, LSC97wxnut said:

CNN was interviewing an official on scene earlier and he was being rather vague about what was happening in regards to the rescue efforts.

Honestly, the situation is probably more dire than 99% of the national media realizes. When it was downgraded to a cat 2 yesterday I am sure most national news stations dropped or lessened planned coverage. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Honestly, the situation is probably more dire than 99% of the national media realizes. When it was downgraded to a cat 2 yesterday I am sure most national news stations dropped or lessened planned coverage. 

The scope of the damage will reveal itself soon.

Speaking of lackluster media coverage, one of the strongest landfalling typhoons on record is occurring right now and I haven't heard a peep about it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

The scope of the damage will reveal itself soon.

Speaking of lackluster media coverage, one of the strongest landfalling typhoons on record is occurring right now and I haven't heard a peep about it. 

Yeah @HurricaneJosh definitely made the right call to go and chase that one instead. As he said, it doesn't take away from Florence in his decision. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MattPetrulli said:

Feeder bands are insane right now, pouring right into interior east NC too, major flooding imminent for sure. Won't be surprised to have quite a few FFEs issued by Midnight.

Pretty much as advertised. And numerous tornado warnings in that area today as well with at least one reported touchdown so far.

• Like 1

Right now, the area around Myrtle Beach has below-normal water levels since the offshore flow from the southern half of the storm blowed it all out to sea.

In fact, Florence has blown the sea out to sea in Myrtle Beach. The ocean at MB has pulled back from the beach, and the ocean is flat as a pancake as far as the eye can see, as this cam link that Macdaddy posted shows: https://www.earthcam.com/usa/southcarolina/myrtlebeach/resort/?cam=coralbeach

When the eye passes, it'll not only get the north-side surge, but it'll also get the slosh as the normal coastal waters return to their normal levels. I wonder how much that will contribute to the surge? 

eta:spelling

5 minutes ago, Marmot said:

The rain from this storm is incredible, and flash flooding is more of a threat anyways. The storm tides so far though have been less than predicted. See Jeff Master's latest post. 

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Florence-Continues-Lash-Coastal-Carolina-Record-Surge-Beaufort-40-Rains-Possible

Flo should easily break Floyd's rainfall record and NC State records. 

Radar is showing more widespread and increasing rainfall rates spread further inland. I think the tone will be a lot more sobering a week from now (all rivers crest).