• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Hurricane Florence: STORM MODE THREAD

stormtracker

Could somebody post AF309 mission #9 recon plots from Tropical Tidbits? It would be so interesting to see the wind plots for 1 or 2 passes into the eye. I have to go and I won't be able to see Tropical Tidbits again until later, when the plots are gone. As of right now, recon is hitting 45mph winds and getting closer to the storm.

10 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Could somebody post AF309 mission #9 recon plots from Tropical Tidbits? It would be so interesting to see the wind plots for 1 or 2 passes into the eye. I have to go and I won't be able to see Tropical Tidbits again until later, when the plots are gone. As of right now, recon is hitting 45mph winds and getting closer to the storm.

79 kt at 297° approaching eyewall in SW quadrant

53 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

18z HWRF came in a tick stronger than 12z with eventual LF in extreme NE SC.

Well that depens on when it makes landfall. Windshear doesn't get bad until after 78hrs now on the FV3. If it makes landfall before then it maybe a much stronger storm.   If it waits until 120hrs, the shear going to rip it up a lot more.

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looking better on satellite. The eye is more concentric and not so chunky.

Overall it looks a little better since completing the ERC, I guess.....but its holding its own for the most part.

Recon seems to be confirming this.

I'm kind of doubting we see much more intensification at this point.

JMHO.

1 minute ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The SFMR data during the first pass was not very impressive.  Even the ne quad only showed 105 kts.

I wonder why this is? Satellite presentation(after taking a dump late this afternoon) has been improving this evening. Even the morning recon when the storm was still in an EWRC and the sat. presentation was worse still had more robust winds. I'm very confused to say the least.