• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Flo Banter Thread-no fun allowed, no saying the storm isn’t that bad plz

the ghost of leroy

9 minutes ago, hickory said:

My thoughts,

It was a little more than I expected, but nothing I will remember a week from now. The media hyped this to the max. Yea New Bern got hit hard, but they straddle 2 rivers and a sound. I have yet to see miles of beach houses in the ocean. It's a typical low end Carolina cane with more inland flooding. For the people who died..... if they would have trimmed the tree they would be alive. That's my 2 cents and I'll leave it at that. I just think all the mass panic was a joke. 

I'm not saying that things weren't blown out of proportion to an extent, but isn't Browns Summit, NC over 200 miles from the coast?

1 minute ago, hickory said:

Why yes it is!

This wasn't Andrew, Hugo, Katrina, Camile or Fran. It was a joke and will always be a joke. This wasnt a mass extinction event so yea

I work in emergency management and I agree that things got a little out of hand, but considering a number of rain bands haven't budged for many, many hours I'm going to reserve judgement on severity. Credible sources are saying over 20" have fallen in some places along the shore - that's not a joke in my book. Certainly not the state-wide impact that was feared, but quite possibly devastating for a lot of folks. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hickory said:

Why yes it is!

This wasn't Andrew, Hugo, Katrina, Camile or Fran. It was a joke and will always be a joke. This wasnt a mass extinction event so yea

Senator David Vitter (R-LA)

"I don't want to alarm everybody that, you know, New Orleans is filling up like a bowl. That's just not happening."

—In a press briefing from Baton Rouge, Aug. 30, 2005

26 minutes ago, hickory said:

Ban someone who is speaking there personal opinion in a free country. Sound like 1939 nazi Germany in here. I have not hurt anyone or posted anything graphic.

This isn't a free country. This is a private forum. Don't tell me you're one of those nutjobs who think they can post/do whatever they want on a forum or social media because 'its a free country?' Hate to tell you this... but as a private forum run by a group of individuals or a corporation, they are well within their right to remove your posting privileges simply because it is their prerogative. If you have feelings about a previous hurricane take it to the OT sub-forum. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, hickory said:

Wow I spelled corps wrong and suddenly I get attacked. Maybe it was typo did you ever think of that? Also to Mr. Reimer am I still not allowed to have a free opinion which is open to debate? If you disagree with me that is your right. Then prove me wrong. Dont just ban me or push me away.

I said best you take it to the OT sub-forum. You're more than welcome to have a debate about a hurricane from 13 years ago there. 

The space between Wilmington and Jacksonville looks like it's going to get crushed for many, many hours. I can't believe weather enthusiasts are calling this storm a bust when it's actively flooding the crap out of SE costal NC. I get that there are not Andrew-esque photos of obliterated mobile home parks due to Cat 4 winds or toppled oceanfront homes due to insane surge, but there is no doubt this is going to be a horrible flooding event for a lot of people. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, throttleforward said:

The space between Wilmington and Jacksonville looks like it's going to get crushed for many, many hours. I can't believe weather enthusiasts are calling this storm a bust when it's actively flooding the crap out of SE costal NC. I get that there are not Andrew-esque photos of obliterated mobile home parks due to Cat 4 winds or toppled oceanfront homes due to insane surge, but there is no doubt this is going to be a horrible flooding event for a lot of people. 

There are multiple counties under FFEs and half of NC is under a FF Warning calling this a bust is insane.

2 hours ago, hickory said:

Wow I spelled corps wrong and suddenly I get attacked. Maybe it was typo did you ever think of that? Also to Mr. Reimer am I still not allowed to have a free opinion which is open to debate? If you disagree with me that is your right. Then prove me wrong. Dont just ban me or push me away.

Spelled corps wrong? I highly doubt that it was just a misspelling. You left out two letters. It’s kinda hard to miss the “p” being that it’s on the other side of the keyboard. If you really did misspell corps wrong it would probably be something like corpse or corpes and even then autocorrect or spellcheck would get at least one of those words. I really think you thought it was “army core” which brings us back to our original point but it’s okay young one, carry on. 

7 hours ago, jburns said:

They are going to get a lot of well-deserved criticism over this beyond weather circles. Colin Cowherd just tweeted the video so Bettes has already crossed over into sports. 

Jburns ,years ago when SNL was good this would have been a skit on Saturday Night for sure,,,,,TWC really screwed this one up 

• Like 1