• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Flo Banter Thread-no fun allowed, no saying the storm isn’t that bad plz

the ghost of leroy

12 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

It doesnt matter that its a banter thread, posting political crap and otherwise sh*t posts arent necessary. Shes doing her job to keep these threads readable. 

Incorrect. Getting offended by every other post and derailing discussions is not making anything better. Add in the fact that there are a few little white knights following her around everywhere, this thread specifically has become unreadable at times.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Akeem the African Dream said:

compared to sandy this storm is a bust

You are comparing a storm to an ongoing storm.  go away and come back when the final stats are in.  Florence's pressure is not far off of what Sandy was.

Infants around here, they all need to take a nap!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bonq said:

Incorrect. Getting offended by every other post and derailing discussions is not making anything better. Add in the fact that there are a few little white knights following her around everywhere, this thread specifically has become unreadable at times.

you're welcome to go elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, bonq said:

you could just go back to wherever you came from since youve only been here a day and just post to complain about white knights. Go back to reddit.

5 minutes ago, bonq said:

lolk

37 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Think about people who lack preparation. They die you jackass. 

I'm a jackass?  That seems inappropriate.

People die evacuating.  People die because of bad evacuation decisions made by politicians in election years.  

The coasts of the Carolinas have some of the poorest people in the country inhabiting the land.  Do you know this?  I do, very well.  A mandatory evacuation is a huge deal for them.  It's not a big deal for rich vacationing northerner invading the OBX or whatever for a week, but for those living in poverty, evacuation orders are a really big deal. And when they are this widespead, early, and wrong, it's an even bigger deal.

Also to the board "queen?", i never referred to this storm as a bust.  Reading is fundamental. 

3 minutes ago, Akeem the African Dream said:

but sandy was just a more well rounded storm

in addition to the rainfall totals and surge we saw 3 feet of snow in west virginia.  florence isn't going to do that

All Sandy had was surge, there was barely any rainfall north and east of the storm. 

Had Sandy not struck the most populated (and expensive) region in the US, the damages would've been moderate at best. 

13 minutes ago, oldnorthstate said:

People die evacuating.  People die because of bad evacuation decisions made by politicians in election years.  

The coasts of the Carolinas have some of the poorest people in the country inhabiting the land.  Do you know this?  I do, very well.  A mandatory evacuation is a huge deal for them.  It's not a big deal for rich vacationing northerner invading the OBX or whatever for a week, but for those living in poverty, evacuation orders are a really big deal. And when they are this widespead, early, and wrong, it's an even bigger deal.

Also to the board "queen?", i never referred to this storm as a bust.  Reading is fundamental. 

Alright, I'll bite..   Rita.  111 deaths DURING the evacuation.  There wasn't enough time.  Now,  public officials that you elect make the call for a mandatory evac so why are you here spewing about it?  This is a weather site.

21 minutes ago, oldnorthstate said:

I don't think you realize that in these cases "mandatory" does not mean what you think it means.  No one is drug out of their homes.  No one has police officers at their door saying "get out or you are under arrest".  If someone cannot physically evacuate, they wont.  stop being so naive...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

Alright, I'll bite..   Rita.  111 deaths DURING the evacuation.  There wasn't enough time.  Now,  public officials that you elect make the call for a mandatory evac so why are you here spewing about it?  This is a weather site.

this is a weather discussion.  thanks.  

1 minute ago, hazwoper said:

I don't think you realize that in these cases "mandatory" does not mean what you think it means.  No one is drug out of their homes.  No one has police officers at their door saying "get out or you are under arrest".  If someone cannot physically evacuate, they wont.  stop being so naive...

wow, you're being naive...  people want to believe their public officials.  even if you're really poor, when the governor tells you to evacuate, you're going to consider it.  simply saying no because you're really poor isn't always the way it goes.  good gosh!      The costs of mandatory evacuations go way beyond whether a cop is coming to your door or not.  omg please stop talking. 

2 minutes ago, oldnorthstate said:

wow, you're being naive...  people want to believe their public officials.  even if you're really poor, when the governor tells you to evacuate, you're going to consider it.  simply saying no because you're really poor isn't always the way it goes.  good gosh!      The costs of mandatory evacuations go way beyond whether a cop is coming to your door or not.  omg please stop talking. 

LOL!!! how old are you???  Katrina New Orleans was under a mandatory evac order!!  How many people did NOT evac and died because of it!?  You are a lost soul.  Take your 14 posts and GTFO!