• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Flo Banter Thread-no fun allowed, no saying the storm isn’t that bad plz

the ghost of leroy

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Many many people being interviewed saying they left shelters and returned home yesterday once the storm started getting downgraded. These same folks are saying this is the worst devastation they have ever seen and rescue efforts are non stop. This is not the NHC fault imo BUT I do think the old saffir Simpson scale needs to be retired. As a met community WE understand it and WE understand surge etc and how a Cat 1 can often be as devastating as a Cat 3-4 but Joe Public hears downgrade and assumes the all clear has been sounded. Just my $.02 irt to SS

yeah, except that the damage in wilmington looks to be fairly minimal.  the saffir simpson scale did just what it was supposed to do.

getting people out of the way of water is a different story and isn't something limited to hurricanes.  

4 minutes ago, oldnorthstate said:

yeah, except that the damage in wilmington looks to be fairly minimal.  the saffir simpson scale did just what it was supposed to do.

getting people out of the way of water is a different story and isn't something limited to hurricanes.  

looks to be? the storm is still ongoing. Wilmington had a record 105 gust at their airport. you have no idea what is or isn't damaged. please stop. 

• Like 2

I'll add that these mandatory evacuations a week out and media reports of doom should also get some blame here.  People hear that the world is about to end only to realize that nothing close to what they were told would happen is happening.     As noted earlier, people get in basements in flooding situations, so the a bigger problem is that people are just stupid and don't understand the power of water.    If the media hyped up the flooding threat inland a week out like everything else, perhaps that might change.    We also need politicians to stop evacuating everything during the middle of election seasons so to protect their political brand.    South Carolina evacuated the whole coast, think about that.   We're talking about some of the poorest people around, and where are they to go?  How?   The governor of South Carolina should be thrown out of office for what he did.  Pure political theatre. 

• Like 1

enough. if you have a problem with how things were handled, take it elsewhere. the storm is still on going, and looks to continue for days with devastating rainfall and surge. it is way too early to make any definitive statements on how local governments handled things, etc etc. 

• Like 2

Just now, oldnorthstate said:

I'll add that these mandatory evacuations a week out and media reports of doom should also get some blame here.  People here that the world is about to end only to realize that nothing close to what they were told would happen is happening.     As noted earlier, people get in basements in flooding situations, so the a bigger problem is that people are just stupid and don't understand the power of water.    If the media hyped up the flooding threat inland a week out like everything else, perhaps that might change.    We also need politicians to stop evacuating everything during the middle of election seasons so to protect their political brand.    South Carolina evacuated the whole coast, think about that.   We're talking about some of the poorest people around, and where are they to go?  How?   The governor of South Carolina should be thrown out of office for what he did.  Pure political theatre. 

This is a dumb wall of text

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldnorthstate said:

i did.  bullying is not acceptable, even if you spend 24/7 here.  you may think president trump's behavior online is acceptable and wish to emulate that, but i don't.   so please stop harassing me. 

I am very sorry that you are interpreting me advising you to stop with the very early definitive statements on a current landfall hurricane, as bullying. 

There is no need to bring political talk into this either. 

However, numerous green taggers have been in this thread over the last day, to ask people who are calling this storm a bust, to please stop it. I am following suit, as a storm mode mod, who was asked to help by the website administrator. so i would greatly appreciate that you take my advice and back down from your argument. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

I am very sorry that you are interpreting me advising you to stop with the very early definitive statements on a current landfall hurricane, as bullying. 

There is no need to bring political talk into this either. 

However, numerous green taggers have been in this thread over the last day, to ask people who are calling this storm a bust, to please stop it. I am following suit, as a storm mode mod, who was asked to help by the website administrator. so i would greatly appreciate that you take my advice and back down from your argument. 

Yeah!  What she said and then some.

19 minutes ago, oldnorthstate said:

I'll add that these mandatory evacuations a week out and media reports of doom should also get some blame here.  People hear that the world is about to end only to realize that nothing close to what they were told would happen is happening.     As noted earlier, people get in basements in flooding situations, so the a bigger problem is that people are just stupid and don't understand the power of water.    If the media hyped up the flooding threat inland a week out like everything else, perhaps that might change.    We also need politicians to stop evacuating everything during the middle of election seasons so to protect their political brand.    South Carolina evacuated the whole coast, think about that.   We're talking about some of the poorest people around, and where are they to go?  How?   The governor of South Carolina should be thrown out of office for what he did.  Pure political theatre. 

Think about people who lack preparation. They die you jackass. 

25 minutes ago, mappy said:

enough. if you have a problem with how things were handled, take it elsewhere. the storm is still on going, and looks to continue for days with devastating rainfall and surge. it is way too early to make any definitive statements on how local governments handled things, etc etc. 

Stop ordering people around. This is a banter thread.