• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Flo Banter Thread-no fun allowed, no saying the storm isn’t that bad plz

the ghost of leroy

24 minutes ago, ILM2714 said:

I’m the DOS at the hotel.  We have a lot of moving parts with power crews, news teams and emergency responders in house.  We need to have staff here so the hotel can remain open for them to get their jobs done.  The hotel will be fine. It’s my home I’m worried about.  Not in a flood zone but this could be unprecedented. 

MS-DOS?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the ghost of leroy said:

i too hate the people who root for crippling blizzards

I do like a good winter blizzard with lot of winds and snow just as long as nobody get hurts  and not to much damage.  It makes for great photos the next day with all the snow especially in the mountains with the sun, We had a major blizzard this past winter. It been quite a while since we had a 'good'' one like that.    

You’re kidding, right?  Live crews always move inland from barrier islands before it gets bad
Indycar drivers get paid to drive 230 mph. There are risks to getting the story. And you'd better get the story if you're hyping for days with "storm of a lifetime" at the bottom of your screen.

A guy is currently standing in drizzle with a 20mph wind under a palm tree.

You know Blue Shed ought to have the job.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No reported deaths, no one on top of roofs, no piers gone, no major damage reported. Just a typical Carolina hurricane. They was talking like another Hazel. #joke
Stuff is bad out there on the cape but noone is there to deliver the story.

10 minutes ago, mempho said:

Indycar drivers get paid to drive 230 mph. There are risks to getting the story. And you'd better get the story if you're hyping for days with "storm of a lifetime" at the bottom of your screen.

A guy is currently standing in drizzle with a 20mph wind under a palm tree.

You know Blue Shed ought to have the job.

I’ve NEVER seen a TV crew stay on a barrier island during a major hurricane with 10-12 foot storm surge.  It doesn’t happen.  It has never happened 

even the crazy storm chasers left the barrier islands.

• Like 3

I’ve NEVER seen a TV crew stay on a barrier island during a major hurricane with 10-12 foot storm surge.  It doesn’t happen.  It has never happened 
even the crazy storm chasers left the barrier islands.
I saw video from the Beau Rivage during Katrina-- not from a journalist.

As far as journalists go, their job is to be willing to risk their lives to break the story. What if Bob Woodward had been a coward? It's what they are supposed to do- no matter the actual situation. I wonder how much everyday crap that we've never heard about that they don't report on because they're afraid of getting whacked when I see stuff like this.

Like I said, there are some blue sheds out there willing to take the job if the current crop of reporters can't take the risk.

37 minutes ago, hickory said:

This Hurricane is a joke. People was like worse than Hazel and Fran what a joke....

26 minutes ago, hickory said:

No reported deaths, no one on top of roofs, no piers gone, no major damage reported. Just a typical Carolina hurricane. They was talking like another Hazel. #joke

You need to dial it back.  Enough of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, mempho said:

I saw video from the Beau Rivage during Katrina-- not from a journalist.

As far as journalists go, their job is to be willing to risk their lives to break the story. What if Bob Woodward had been a coward? It's what they are supposed to do- no matter the actual situation. I wonder how much everyday crap that we've never heard about that they don't report on because they're afraid of getting whacked when I see stuff like this.

Like I said, there are some blue sheds out there willing to take the job if the current crop of reporters can't take the risk.

It’s not about who is willing.  I am sure many journalists are willing.  Their employers on the other hand are not.  It’s called insurance and lawsuits.  Things have changed since the days of Bob Woodward 

It’s not about who is willing.  I am sure many journalists are willing.  Their employers on the other hand are not.  It’s called insurance and lawsuits.  Things have changed since the days of Bob Woodward 
Thankfully, we have the internet. It's just unfortunate that live feeds, outside of satellite, are pretty much limited to the availability of working cell towers. I'm sure we have some brave souls out there tonight who will eventually get us the story- it just won't be tonight.

• Like 1

Thankfully, we have the internet. It's just unfortunate that live feeds, outside of satellite, are pretty much limited to the availability of working cell towers. I'm sure we have some brave souls out there tonight who will eventually get us the story- it just won't be tonight.

All this pecking at a keyboard... Where's your camera at?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

All this pecking at a keyboard... Where's your camera at?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I have to work these days or I'd happily go. The only time I ever chased was during Ivan and we were significantly inland. We couldn't even figure out how to get past the contaflow but- yeah-- if I could make a living doing it and had the resources of a network, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. That's not saying I wouldn't be scared-- I'm sure I'd be terrified at times - - but I'd know that going in and I'd know that there's at least some risk- no matter how well you plan (and I would plan extremely thoroughly) -that things could still go wrong.