• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Flo Banter Thread-no fun allowed, no saying the storm isn’t that bad plz

the ghost of leroy

1 minute ago, the ghost of leroy said:

No. Classic bar favorite of mine is Milky Way. But recently I am into that abomination that is the Reese bar with reese’s pieces in it. 

Yeah Milky Way is the best, used to be Snickers but I have so many fillings in my mouth I don't want to risk breaking any of them. Never tried the Reese cup with the pieces in it yet.

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Simple.  Right or wrong, people want to see what nature can unleash.  Although it has weakened, it's going to be plenty bad. 

Yes. However, people should draw the line between being enthusiastic for weather and inadvertently cheerleading for life-taking weather events.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

i too hate the people who root for crippling blizzards

I always love the hypocrisy of people who have a problem with people following hurricanes when they root on blizzards to bury their location. One of the greatest moments of hypocrisy in weather.

Just now, Stebo said:

I always love the hypocrisy of people who have a problem with people following hurricanes when they root on blizzards to bury their location. One of the greatest moments of hypocrisy in weather.

Did I say I had a problem with people following hurricanes? Nope. I said that I was wondering why people are disappointed by a Category 4 turning into a Category 2.

On 9/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, Lady Di said:

Good luck.  It's a long duration awful hit, you may want to reconsider staying.  There's still time to leave.

I’m the DOS at the hotel.  We have a lot of moving parts with power crews, news teams and emergency responders in house.  We need to have staff here so the hotel can remain open for them to get their jobs done.  The hotel will be fine. It’s my home I’m worried about.  Not in a flood zone but this could be unprecedented. 

On 9/12/2018 at 12:32 PM, Disco-lemonade said:

My girl friend just left and is coming to stay here, her grandparents are staying in wilmington, one of which is on an oxygen tank and has no generator. They refuse to leave, personally I am very fearful for their lives.

Yeah that’s not a great situation.  What part of Wilmington are they if you don’t mind me asking?  Maybe someone could check on them tomorrow if the opportunity arises?