• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Flo Banter Thread-no fun allowed, no saying the storm isn’t that bad plz

the ghost of leroy

While you guys were bickering about sandy I was enjoying some excellent waves curtesy of Florence. 10’ waves are rare on the east coast, especially in pure swell and not associated with localized winds. Surprisingly we have had much larger waves from tropical cyclones as recently as last September from Jose and Maria. I guess in some respects the fact that the waves were smaller then expected could be a good sign for beach erosion and washovers outside of the direct impact areas...  

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

While you guys were bickering about sandy I was enjoying some excellent waves curtesy of Florence. 10’ waves are rare on the east coast, especially in pure swell and not associated with localized winds. Surprisingly we have had much larger waves from tropical cyclones as recently as last September from Jose and Maria. I guess in some respects the fact that the waves were smaller then expected could be a good sign for beach erosion and washovers outside of the direct impact areas...  

My buddies in RI said it was firing pretty good this morning. 

1 hour ago, the ghost of leroy said:

Bold move cotton. Woman says she doesn’t like it and you tell her to grow up. 

Whats funny is that in this very same banter thread you got super butthurt over my words about you and banned me. 

Youre a joke. 

Could you white knight any harder? Absolutely pathetic.

2 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

So we already have a report of 66 mph sustained wind...ag3 said that during the entire storm top sustained wind wind during the storm would be 79 mph. 

Not looking good that prediction holds up as the center is still well offshore. 

Is that report from 2m, 10m, or an elevated anemometer?

So we already have a report of 66 mph sustained wind...ag3 said that during the entire storm top sustained wind wind during the storm would be 79 mph. 

Not looking good that prediction holds up as the center is still well offshore. 

I dunno, the winds are spread out pretty uniformly if you look at recon data but possibly there will be stronger sustained if it doesn't weaken too much before the eyewall gets on shore.

It's a giant category 1 with some category 2 strength winds in the eyewall - the widespread category 1 level winds should do a decent amount of damage though.

Being from the district he ran in, he is an idiot. He lost to a Dem in a runoff in a longtime conservative district, then he lost the primary for his next election cycle. 

Thank goodness, we don’t need additional folks like him being cheerleaders, bad enough this will be retweeted by someone, no need for a name reveal either