• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Flo Banter Thread-no fun allowed, no saying the storm isn’t that bad plz

the ghost of leroy

Media bashing in the main thread is pissing me off. Get it out of the main thread. Also, network media has to stop their regularly scheduled opinionated bull**** for a few days to actually grab the attention of the majority of desensitized Americans, who don't respond or react to anything unless they're drowning in an ocean of hyperbole anyway. You think presenting facts is going to get some fatass off their couch, much less out of their surge-prone house? "Disclaimer: There's a chance this hurricane could rapidly weaken or miss your location entirely." Give it a bloody rest. They're mostly not scientific meteorologists and they're also not perfect. They're media people interpreting information they are given while presenting that dangerous threat to the viewer.

Regardless if the hurricane collapses into butterfly wings, the forecast was presented to them by official agencies as a devestating event based on evidence at the time of forecast. They reported it the best way they can. If you don't like it, just give it a week and you can go back to the opinionated hyperbole-filled political segments people seem to live for these days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, navvet8992 said:

343615353_ScreenShot2018-09-12at8_06_13PM.png.6e93670b4c1c1eb793235c46c2ae807d.png

For some reason I found this to be funny. I didn't once think that Florence was going to make landfall as a CAT4/5 however I agreed with the severity outlined from the water impact it will have. The only time I'll ever believe that a CAT4+ is going to make landfall on the US mainland is if its literally 2-3 hours away from landfall at said intensity. How it stalls will determine if its the costliest hurricane in SE history.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, zinski1990 said:

yep pretty pathetic, Especially for how hyped up people made it (Storm of a Lifetime) gtfo Im sure people from North and South Carolina have been through worse by far storms

Keep in mind that some people prefer not having their lives washed away or their loved ones killed. It's generally considered good if a natural disaster doesn't happen.

• Like 6

this is going to be the fake news hurricane that breaks the camel's back.  think millions are going to keep evacuating absurdly early going forward?  

or maybe i'm pissed my flight was cancelled because nobody ever really knows where these things are going, and yet we get the same thing we get every single year.  WORST HURRICANE EVER COMING!!!  

sunny and 10 mph winds and we can't fly because foxnews and cnn scared everybody.  

you mean a cat 5 isn't going to hit the Carolinas afterall?  no ****ing way...

2 minutes ago, oldnorthstate said:

this is going to be the fake news hurricane that breaks the camel's back.  think millions are going to keep evacuating absurdly early going forward?  

or maybe i'm pissed my flight was cancelled because nobody ever really knows where these things are going, and yet we get the same thing we get every single year.  WORST HURRICANE EVER COMING!!!  

sunny and 10 mph winds and we can't fly because foxnews and cnn scared everybody.  

you mean a cat 5 isn't going to hit the Carolinas afterall?  no ****ing way...

here we go again SMH

Sorry your flight was canceled.  Perhaps you should bring that up with the countless Americans that are about to lose property or the ones that will lose a loved one during this storm.

have a nice day

• Like 1

I don't think some of you understand the impact from such a large wind field, again, see Sandy. 

And the rainfall and flooding will be enough to keep everyone's attention. At the end of the day, nobody will remember that a narrow area of beach didn't receive cat 4 winds, which would have happened with a tight core system.

• Like 3