• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Flo Banter Thread-no fun allowed, no saying the storm isn’t that bad plz

the ghost of leroy

On 9/12/2018 at 6:12 PM, ag3 said:

Now I remember why I don’t post here anymore. Moron conceded Mets like yourself. I know as much as you and 90% of everyone here.

Go on hyping a cat 1-2 storm.

Outta here.

The surge is going to be like a cat 3-4 storm, again you have no idea what you are talking about and it blatantly shows.

The storm is weakening right now. Surge forecasts will decline as well. And the track is also east of forecast. This likely landfalls east of 12z suite and diminishes quicker.

Your lack of knowledge about TCs speaks for itself. Fetch for surge has already been acquired. Prolonged onshore flow on the north side of Florence's circulation is a worse case scenario. Matters little that the core vortex even drops below Cat 1 at this point. Large expanded windfield and slow down perpendicular to coastline is absolutely the issue.

1 minute ago, Windspeed said:

Your lack of knowledge about TCs speaks for itself. Fetch for surge has already been acquired. Prolonged onshore flow on the north side of Florence's circulation is a worse case scenario. Matters little that the core vortex even drops below Cat 1 at this point. Large expanded windfield and slow down perpendicular to coastline is absolutely the issue.

Ok. I’ll come back after for verification.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ag3 said:

The storm is weakening right now. Surge forecasts will decline as well. And the track is also east of forecast. This likely landfalls east of 12z suite and diminishes quicker.

If we do get a quicker landfall and not the stall just offshore, then it would increase the odds that it is still a high end cat 2 at minimum or possibly cat 3 at landfall.   

The coming surge is already baked in so to speak, unless Florence were to literally fall apart very soon.

Just now, Hoosier said:

If we do get a quicker landfall and not the stall just offshore, then it would increase the odds that it is still a high end cat 2 at minimum or possibly cat 3 at landfall.   

The coming surge is already baked in so to speak, unless Florence were to literally fall apart very soon.

Looks like it’s falling apart to me.

12 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Can the uneducated NYC posters go back to their subforum? These "it's no big deal" posts ring hollow and have no meteorological basis to them.

This is the flo banter thread plus telling folks to go back to where they belong is....well....I’ll say childish. 

With that said, nbd posts are akeen to premature    ejacts over a 2 day nam snow map showing 60”. Let’s see how it shakes out, many communities expecially those on the coast shouldn’t let their guards down. Maybe the winds won’t be as destructive. Still, Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It won't go poof, but a legit chance it could be a weaker cat 2. I don't think winds are the real issue. Structures will withstand those winds. It's the rain and surge. I honestly do not know how bad the surge will be, but a long sustained bombardment will cause issues for sure. 

@Stebo says if you don’t have a degree you don’t know weather and shouldn’t be posting. 25 years experience means nothing.

On 9/12/2018 at 6:22 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This is the flo banter thread plus telling folks to go back to where they belong is....well....I’ll say childish. 

With that said, nbd posts are akeen to premature    ejacts over a 2 day nam snow map showing 60”. Let’s see how it shakes out, many communities expecially those on the coast shouldn’t let their guards down. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Banter doesn't have to include completely stupid posts...

Also what are akeen, ejacts, and expecially?

On 9/12/2018 at 6:24 PM, ag3 said:

@Stebo says if you don’t have a degree you don’t know weather. 25 years experience means nothing.

I didn't say anything about credientials, but you are as uneducated about tropical meteorology as you can get. Lets put it this way, Sandy was a cat 1 when it made landfall into NJ, I guess it was no big deal because it was a cat 1 right?

2 minutes ago, ag3 said:

@Stebo says if you don’t have a degree you don’t know weather. 25 years experience means nothing.

But saying it's falling apart isn't appropriate either. There's gonna be a lot of water with this from ocean and freshwater. I do think winds won't be as destructive as I thought even yesterday. I mean in terms of structural damage. Obviously winds will cause trees/power outages/ roof issues etc.

Just now, Stebo said:

I didn't say anything about credientials, but you are as uneducated about tropical meteorology as you can get. Lets put it this way, Sandy was a cat 1 when it made landfall into NJ, I guess it was no big deal because it was a cat 1 right?

Sandy was a cat 4-5 storm for a while, was larger and phased with multiple vorts and was enhanced by the trough and block. Different animal.

• Confused 2

Just now, CoastalWx said:

But saying it's falling apart isn't appropriate either. There's gonna be a lot of water with this from ocean and freshwater. I do think winds won't be as destructive as I thought even yesterday. I mean in terms of structural damage. Obviously winds will cause trees/power outages/ roof issues etc.

Yes, but the surge will be much less then previously forecasted. Cat 4-5 wall of water vs. Cat 1-2.