• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Flo Banter Thread-no fun allowed, no saying the storm isn’t that bad plz

the ghost of leroy

4 minutes ago, cptcatz said:

It's funny how he's from NYC and yet forgets about the impact of post-tropical-cyclone, former extratropical storm, former category 1 hurricane, with maximum sustained winds of 80 mph, Sandy, a storm which made landfall 90 miles away from Manhattan, and yet caused the most destruction that NYC has ever seen from a weather event. 

His own neighborhood was destroyed yet he forgets about Sandy.

4 hours ago, Raine1212 said:

Hi guys, everyone in my area is not concerned about the storm, but I am. What do you guys think about my area of 30809, Evans GA. I am to trying prepare , but getting really worried 

The wind probably will not be damaging, could be some flooding of low-lying areas next to the Savannah River. If ten inches of rain fell over the course of three days, what would happen in town... that's kind of the worst scenario I could imagine, if these predictions about Florence are accurate. A few days from now, you should have accurate local forecasts of how much rain, if any, to expect. Right now the local weather is saying maybe two inches and that it will be very windy on Sunday (38 MPH) 

3 hours ago, Stebo said:

His own neighborhood was destroyed yet he forgets about Sandy.

It was a tidal surge that impacted coastal areas. Expectation is if live on or near water it does flood.

common sense tells you to get to higher ground. This storm the media hysterical is outrageously lol.

biggest storm in 30 years  I saw on the news.

going to be interesting to see the max sustained winds reported at an official station.My guess is 79 mph.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Animal said:

It was a tidal surge that impacted coastal areas. Expectation is if live on or near water it does flood.

common sense tells you to get to higher ground. This storm the media hysterical is outrageously lol.

going to be interesting to see the max sustained winds reported at an official station.My guess is 79 mph.

I’ll say it again.... when I’m on a weather board and see people complain about storms being overhyped I just shake my head. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Animal said:

Post like this are just pathetic.....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Animal said:

If they are saying/meaning biggest in 30 years for the Carolinas, there's a very good case for that.  Maybe not with winds but with all the other factors as others have mentioned.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Animal said:

How so? The group think tank here is on point today.

let the storm play out first & stop being overly aggressive.

because downplaying a storm that has the size wind field that this one has AND which is forecasted to parallel the coast for 24 hours at a snails pace seems extremely uneducated and if the media discussed it as you laid out people likely lose their lives.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Animal said:

It isn’t so much a group think tank as it is with frustration of the general public ALWAYS wanting to downplay these storms. I expect that for the average joe but not from someone on here.

Even if this weakens to a cat 2, the surge potential is absolutely massive. So is the flooding potential. 

This isn’t a joke. It isn’t a time to sit there and criticize the media. I’d rather everyone be over agrresive if it means saving one life. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

It isn’t so much a group think tank as it is with frustration of the general public ALWAYS wanting to downplay these storms. I expect that for the average joe but not from someone on here.

Even if this weakens to a cat 2, the surge potential is absolutely massive. So is the flooding potential. 

This isn’t a joke. It isn’t a time to sit there and criticize the media. I’d rather everyone be over agrresive if it means saving one life. 

THIS!^  Read the 5:00PM NHC update Animal and maybe you'll start to understand the concern a bit more.

31 minutes ago, Animal said:

Floyd was a cat 2 on landfall..it killed 73 people in the US. 

Ike was a cat 2 at landfall, it killed 110 people in the us and did 30 billion in damage.

Isabelle was a cat 2 and did 5.5 billion in damage and killed roughly 50 people. 

Stop downplaying it.