• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Flo Banter Thread-no fun allowed, no saying the storm isn’t that bad plz

the ghost of leroy

3 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

he is full of it and most longtimers here know that he's the worst mod.  not scared of burns at all when i have a direct line to the boss.

i am not afraid to tell people who are trash posting about irma that they should stop.  the same 10 weenies ruin every event.

This is why I love this place.

3 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

he is full of it and most longtimers here know that he's the worst mod.  not scared of burns at all when i have a direct line to the boss.

i am not afraid to tell people who are trash posting about irma that they should stop.  the same 10 weenies ruin every event.

p much.

or how to compare current vs previous model runs correctly.

Look, I get that I am not being “productive” in a civility sense but you get frustrated when every season is the same crap. We don’t have any mods who actually have the knowledgeable authority to stop the BS in these threads, so they just show up and moderate in a way that makes sure people react nicely to bad posts. We used to be different than storm2k but that’s their style and it’s being copied. 

18 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

Better call him.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

Look, I get that I am not being “productive” in a civility sense but you get frustrated when every season is the same crap. We don’t have any mods who actually have the knowledgeable authority to stop the BS in these threads, so they just show up and moderate in a way that makes sure people react nicely to bad posts. We used to be different than storm2k but that’s their style and it’s being copied. 

i blame vortmax.

i didn't even know storm2k even still existed.

29 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

@jburns is probably one of the fairest moderators and one of the few that take the time to patrol the global threads. Most mods these days stay within region.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

FYI nothing is worse than someone posting as if they are a moderator when in fact they are nothing. I’d much rather read posts from weenies that are at least attempting to add value.

Alanis morrissette called. Wants her schtick back. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Alanis morrissette called. Wants her schtick back. 

Big difference between people posting absolute garbage in a winter storm thread to the point where it's impossible for mods to keep up and one or two people making posts in a tropical forum that could easily be handled differently. 

18 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Big difference between people posting absolute garbage in a winter storm thread to the point where it's impossible for mods to keep up and one or two people making posts in a tropical forum that could easily be handled differently. 

you're right actually. 

you were just handled decently.

so if the GFS is de-coupled from the ocean why do we use it for tropical systems.  or are there other models in a similar state.  its intensity forecasts were hot garbage all last year and i haven't seen a tremendous change (or maybe there will be a 905 over cape hatteras at the end of the week).  buying futures on plywood.

9 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

so if the GFS is de-coupled from the ocean why do we use it for tropical systems.  or are there other models in a similar state.  its intensity forecasts were hot garbage all last year and i haven't seen a tremendous change (or maybe there will be a 905 over cape hatteras at the end of the week).  buying futures on plywood.

We really shouldn't especially in this case with its radical projection, but you got people hugging only it and nothing else. It is frustrating to read.

Just now, hlcater said:

Gotta agree with leroy though. Same 5 or 6 people continuously ruining the threads with stupidity.

Well, part of the problem has to be that no one discusses tropical unless it poses a threat to the US. So if the unwritten rules haven't been written before things get crazy, there are basically no rules