• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Fall Thread

wxeyeNH

That may be a record for Mansfield in November.  Will have to do some digging.

I mean this has been absurd.  And it was dumping when I left up there....huge snow banks, trees loaded to the top, snow blowing everywhere. 

It honestly could be February up there.

A friend took this in the base area earlier today.

46966549_10101113388687387_2423731439058

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That may be a record for Mansfield in November.  Will have to do some digging.

I mean this has been absurd.  And it was dumping when I left up there....huge snow banks, trees loaded to the top, snow blowing everywhere. 

It honestly could be February up there.

A friend took this in the base area earlier today.

46966549_10101113388687387_2423731439058

It probably is. The shear pounding you guys took and lack of melting so far has to be a record or close to it. That's amazing.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It probably is. The shear pounding you guys took and lack of melting so far has to be a record or close to it. That's amazing.

So I just found the max November depth was 45" in 1990.  It only stuck around for about 3 days before getting decimated.

Will might be able to remember.... but looking at the data it would appear it was one massive storm cycle or something that jacked the snowpack up and then it got warm again and the snowpack dropped almost as fast.  It was November 13-15, 1990.

This will most certainly win for snow depth days in November... there really aren't numbers on that I can find but looking at depths I can't see anything else really being this consistent.

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

So I just found the max November depth was 45" in 1990.  It only stuck around for about 3 days before getting decimated.

Will might be able to remember.... but looking at the data it would appear it was one massive storm cycle or something that jacked the snowpack up and then it got warm again and the snowpack dropped almost as fast.  It was November 13-15, 1990.

This will most certainly win for snow depth days in November... there really aren't numbers on that I can find but looking at depths I can't see anything else really being this consistent.

http://www.matthewparrilla.com/mansfield-stake/

Screenshot_20181128-230059_Chrome.jpg

24 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

Event totals: 12.8” Snow/2.15” L.E.

Details from the 10:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:  

New Snow: 0.8 inches

New Liquid: 0.11 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 7.3

Snow Density: 13.8% H2O

Temperature: 34.2 F

Sky:  Light Snow (2-10 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 11.0 inches

The upslope portion of the storm has generally had much lower than normal ratios for that portion of a storm.  The low level flakes have been pretty awesome aggregates at times though.  This time of year, QPF is great for building the base.  The fluff will come.   This is hard to comprehend in November for turning conditions... an event with over 2" QPF as snow in the hills, that's impressive any time of the year.

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Someone on alpine zone said that sb got 56” in that November storm in ‘90 and then it was gone within days.

This event played out similarly to the Dec 12, 2014 event that cause more outages in Vermont than did TS Irene.  Borderline temps in the Champlain Valley that still produced decent snow, temps hovering at 32F elsewhere, and moisture-laden circulation from three directions (south, east, then north) over 2 days.  Great event for late November.  Two thumbs up.

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It looks like the Coast Mountains in BC up at the ski resorts right now.  Just pasted and plastered with snow.  Sheets of light snow and mist/fog with wind this morning...just so much moisture in the past 2-3 days.

This has been a special month.

Even around here, outside the traditional upslope zone, it keeps snowing lightly.  Not accumulating much but snow in the air.

On 11/28/2018 at 8:50 AM, J.Spin said:

The BV snow report indicates that Timberline is strictly closed to traffic right now (perhaps due to chairlift work) so we headed up to the main base for our tour, and that turned out to be a great starting point. 

JSpin, have you heard anything about Timberline at Bolton?  I just saw these photos this morning and this does not look good.  Definitely full deropement. 

IMG_1428.thumb.JPG.7100c8430de86a8b0d09476d1bc4f248.JPGIMG_1429.JPG.5eb993864980ab70b097e51cc9bd2a62.JPG

On the couch today with a very sore back.  Over did it yesterday with snow blowing and roof raking.  Then trying to free birch trees.

Snow depth 12".   Season total 31.75".    Not going to add much over the next 10 days.  Bit of snow to crap to rain on Saturday.  Next weeks storm looks south.  

Really struggled today to get above freezing. Another day without sun.  All week temps have stayed in a very narrow range  3F range.  Wish it would just warm up enough to get all the snow off of the trees.

Ordered a new Davis weather station today.  Mine is about 17 years old time for a new one

• Like 1