• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Fall Thread

wxeyeNH

This has been trending colder and more of a net gainer for NNE on the nam and btv wrf, there is a more noticeable N drain all the way down to Nashua NH Tuesday am (very nill chance that effects precip may some pingers down here) but for Alex this looks mostly frozen to me and I believe Gene at 1100’? Or so should see another slushy couple by 8 am.

looks solid for The Cat as they approach 30” for season

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This has been trending colder and more of a net gainer for NNE on the nam and btv wrf, there is a more noticeable N drain all the way down to Nashua NH Tuesday am (very nill chance that effects precip may some pingers down here) but for Alex this looks mostly frozen to me and I believe Gene at 1100’? Or so should see another slushy couple by 8 am.

looks solid for The Cat as they approach 30” for season

I'd take it. It's been nice to have snow on the ground these past few days. Hard to remember that it's not even Thanksgiving yet... 

Not sold on not getting lots of liquid with this one though. Our forecast is not too promising but I'd love to be wrong!

I had a quick 2.3" before changeover to freezing rain just after 4 AM. Now just a 33° F rain and everything is slush. It's not really enough to snow blow and it's going to be a skating rank later today once the cold gets here.

This event definitely was less elevation and more latitude dependent than last Friday's. Very little wind too, so orographic effects are pretty much nil this go around.

Measured 2.0" on 0.21" LE at 7, and my wife said it was still snowing almost 2 hours later when the plow came.  Snow-covered roads until the Rt 225 intersection 10 miles out, though no signs of anybody having taken the ditch on Mile Hill.  Snow began to mix just north of 225, went to catpaws at Belgrade Village, all rain by the Irving station 19 miles from home, and no sign of snow down by the K'bec in Augusta, where it's been RA- all morning.  Yesterday's low of 15 was the season's 1st sub-20 and Sunday's 30 was the 1st sub-freezing max.  (Seems likely to add 2-3 more of those this week.)  

49 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Looks like 6-8" at MRG with folks skinning up.

Yeah I'd put that about what Stowe has.  

Given the 6-10" of very wet dense snow that was on the ground up on the mountain, this is adding nicely to that.

Looks like 8-10" on the ground here at the base in terms of snow depth and that's some hefty water content snow.  Great base for mid-November.