• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

Hurricane Florence

3 minutes ago, JoshM said:

Euro has Hurricane Force gusts into the upstate of SC, didn't expect that!

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2018091412_48_480_379.png.34c76fca2968ad72ea7deb1b638d8b67.png

It’s also showing the farthest South path, that’s what it would take to get those gusts, if they are even possible!? Looks like the “remnant”eyeis S of CAE and heading for Augusta National!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, calculus1 said:

Latest storm total rainfall forecast from NWS GSP for their forecast area.  So, far, I have 0.00 inch.  :D

image.thumb.png.535cc549b606d2278b23f2b660601279.png

Where did you get this product? Been hunting around the GSP webpage for 15 minutes.

Driving back from Destin and have passed 40 or more power crews heading up 85 in South Carolina. Ive seen creaa from Georgia, Alabama, And Mississippi so far. God bless those guys... they are going to some long days ahead of them

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Curious if the banding coming thru Durham and just south of 85 is just heavy rain or is it packing TS force winds too? Looks strong!

I would think so. That's exactly where I would expect them. Let us know if you can.

The 18z NAM continues to cut these rainfall totals in NW NC,3''-5'' across there on this run with a big cutoff just SE of CLT where 9'' plus are.Might be a bit light but we'll see.

Carry on.

10 minutes ago, NC_hailstorm said:

The 18z NAM continues to cut these rainfall totals in NW NC,3''-5'' across there on this run with a big cutoff just SE of CLT where 9'' plus are.Might be a bit light but we'll see.

Carry on.

Do the lower totals appear to be from speed, storm track, both, something else?

23 minutes ago, NC_hailstorm said:

Carry on.

3k NAM looks like it actually increased over NW NC?

qc0G151.png

vs.

37bEyfB.png

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Wind has been very impressive here. Starting to see more gusts and just lost a small tree. 

kzU2cCl.jpg

Yep, some of the strongest gusts in Lumberton have been in the last 15 minutes or so. Looks like the center of circulation is 55-60 miles SSE of us.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Has the center of circulation passed in SC yet? No eye anymore

I am curious about this too. I was wondering if it was going to go above myrtle beach?

4 minutes ago, NC_hailstorm said:

Think I was looking at 12km but yeah you're right.

Either way, it's getting really wet.  Duke has dropped the lake levels by several feet in anticipation of the storm.

8 minutes ago, etownshane said:

I am curious about this too. I was wondering if it was going to go above myrtle beach?

I think it likely that yes, it will stay north and west of Myrtle Beach. But its close and the way it can wobble, hard to say. The main point though is that it did not go directly south and back over water before turning west into MB as some models showed.

25 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Looks to me like Myrtle Beach is lucking out.  Offshore winds all day with the center passing north of them not hugging the coast like it was forecasted.

Maybe but fresh water flooding looks  like it will still be a major issue..The real heavy bands haven't even dropped into that area yet..