• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Florence

NCSNOW

She wont spin up to much more probably she is to damn big but the hurricane force winds extend well out to the N and NE of the center and if she does stay 20-25  miles north of track and comes in closer to Jville/Swansboro and moves more west and less WSW after landfall she is gonna be able to really get that wind field deep into eastern and central NC, places like the Triangle that might be expecting less could get more this way.....her speed will help limit it somewhat, the flip side is your liable to have winds well into hurricane force for a long time....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

With the slight shift north and the expanding wind fields I have serious concerns for the Pamlico Sound /Tar River area around Little Washington.  The downtown area there regularly floods with lesser systems.  Anything approaching a  9-10' surge wont end well for those businesses.

It’s going to be really bad for those people. I’ve just recently moved to Greenville but lived in Washington since I was 4. You also have some low income areas that are prone to flood. I have a feeling that those people are gonna be hit hard too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SENC said:

Wondering outloud here...  Here in Wilmington...

Our  Shelters are at Max Cap. and OVERFLOWING

Our City/County Emerg services are & have been SHIPPING The Locals, that are "overflowing the Shelters" here,,  to the Triangle/RDU & Durham...  BY BUS... By the Busload actually, LOTS of Buses..

Where are they putting those folks?

If ander420 is telling us is true, (I cannot fathom it isn't)..

WHERE are these Local Folks from HERE, being housed up there? Who are feeding them? 

HOW are they going to get back? There's been NO MENTION of this.. ANYWHERE... 

Just.. We are "shipping them "upstate",, Like Chattle.. 

Many, if NOT all, those folks in those Shelters from here,,,  are Homeless Folks, many with Drug addictions..

Ander420 is raising a very, very good question(s)...

MeanWhile... On My local radar...  VVVVV

Weye.JPG

Well my wife works at UNC Chapel Hill and in prior storms they took in lots of UNCW students.  They have some there now, not sure how many.