Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Florence

NCSNOW

1 hour ago, NCSNOW said:

Sadly the death toll is up to 32 from Florence. and as feared the Cape Fear is setting new records for all time highs at many gauges. Heres a bfore and after pic I saw. This river flooding is going to be historic as many of us guessed it would be. Florence will be one of the top 10 costliest Hurricane disasters in our countrys history.

qFuGFJ5.jpg

Not saying the pic above isnt bad, it certainly has an impact.  But in reality the houses and infrastructure still stand.  The beach and dunes were basically moved 100 feet inland and covered the road.  This happens with many storms and can easily be fixed.  Its the water damage and flooding pics that resonate with me the most.  There is simply no recovery.  Roads must be reconstructed, not just repaved.  Sewer and water lines, gas lines, electrical wires, homes, cars, livestock, literally everything. 

30 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Not saying the pic above isnt bad, it certainly has an impact.  But in reality the houses and infrastructure still stand.  The beach and dunes were basically moved 100 feet inland and covered the road.  This happens with many storms and can easily be fixed.  Its the water damage and flooding pics that resonate with me the most.  There is simply no recovery.  Roads must be reconstructed, not just repaved.  Sewer and water lines, gas lines, electrical wires, homes, cars, livestock, literally everything. 

Over 4300 houses and business were damaged and destroyed in New bern due to surge and wind. That is about as astonishing a number as one could conceive for a small town like new bern.

On 9/16/2018 at 2:21 PM, weaponxreject said:

Born and raised (Aaron Lakes West) in that area. Didn't the town drain HM Lake last week in prep? I'm catching reports it's back up toward full/minor because of the Cape Fear River.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sorry I didn't see this question until today.  I'm not sure if they drained the lake or just lowered the level.  In any event, the dam held, although it was over-topped. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...