Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Florence

NCSNOW

On 9/14/2018 at 9:20 PM, jburns said:

Busted.  Big time.

FAKE WEATHER!!!

Anderson cooper has now been caught in that trap as well. Pics of him "standing" in waste high water but his crew on the road while he is down in a ditch. Disgraceful when so many people are dealing with the real life threatening issues they face to have these idiots sitting on the outskirts of the disaster taking it.

Greg Carbin (‪@GCarbin‬)

9/15/18, 21:03

Over the next 36-hours or so, areas of the North Carolina Piedmont and the mountainous terrain of western NC will experience devastating flash flooding unlike anything in recent memory. Roads and bridges will wash away and damage will be severe. #PDS_Flash_Flood_Watch

William N Harrell Jr

E71F4960-44F4-48E9-8D3C-F0DF58122F8E.gif

Good grief is Flo even moving anymore?  She is still drinking off the atlantic like a 7-11 big gulp.  The radar is loaded for another 6-8 hours.  If feel for those folks down east, but now I'm starting to worry about the folks around CLT and across the southern piedmont.  The flooding is going to get scary bad real quick tomorrow with another 6-12" to go.  There is just no way to prepare for this type of destruction across an entire state.

Good grief is Flo even moving anymore?  She is still drinking off the atlantic like a 7-11 big gulp.  The radar is loaded for another 6-8 hours.  If feel for those folks down east, but now I'm starting to worry about the folks around CLT and across the southern piedmont.  The flooding is going to get scary bad real quick tomorrow with another 6-12" to go.  There is just no way to prepare for this type of destruction across an entire state.

Unreal returns. Looks like it’s finally pushing up our way as well...

7 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Hey guys sorry for the subforum intrusion...just trying to find out any info on the Leland area (and that entire area just west of Wilmington really). Anyone know how its held up?

They are currently under a tornado warning. Not seeing or hearing much about that locality specifically, but the whole of the area around Wilmington is in dire straits generally. Local reports and storm alerts: https://nwschat.weather.gov/lsr/#AKQ,CAE,CHS,FFC,GSP,ILM,JAX,LWX,HUN,BMX,EYW,MHX,RAH,RLX,RNK,TAE,TBW,MRX,MLB,MFL/201809130400/201809160433/0110

2 hours ago, Jet Stream Rider said:

They are currently under a tornado warning. Not seeing or hearing much about that locality specifically, but the whole of the area around Wilmington is in dire straits generally. Local reports and storm alerts: https://nwschat.weather.gov/lsr/#AKQ,CAE,CHS,FFC,GSP,ILM,JAX,LWX,HUN,BMX,EYW,MHX,RAH,RLX,RNK,TAE,TBW,MRX,MLB,MFL/201809130400/201809160433/0110

I have been communicating with my brother in Wilmington, and it is BAD in that area.  He has never seen flooding this bad in that area, and he has been through many hurricanes down there.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, shaggy said:

Anderson cooper has now been caught in that trap as well. Pics of him "standing" in waste high water but his crew on the road while he is down in a ditch. Disgraceful when so many people are dealing with the real life threatening issues they face to have these idiots sitting on the outskirts of the disaster taking it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/anderson-cooper-hurricane/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, shaggy said:

That's a good thing correct? Tired of the rain and we aren't even flooding like those south of us. 

I think Solak is scarred because his location has apparently replaced wherever Shetley lives as the desert spot of the east.

Seriously though, some folks in my hometown of Hope Mills are at risk of being flooded out for the second time in three years.

I think Solak is scarred because his location has apparently replaced wherever Shetley lives as the desert spot of the east.
Seriously though, some folks in my hometown of Hope Mills are at risk of being flooded out for the second time in three years.
Born and raised (Aaron Lakes West) in that area. Didn't the town drain HM Lake last week in prep? I'm catching reports it's back up toward full/minor because of the Cape Fear River.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Final advisory.

SUMMARY OF 500 PM EDT...2100 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...34.6N 82.2W
ABOUT 25 MI...40 KM SSE OF GREENVILLE SOUTH CAROLINA
ABOUT 60 MI...95 KM SSE OF ASHEVILLE NORTH CAROLINA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...35 MPH...55 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 350 DEGREES AT 14 MPH...22 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1006 MB...29.71 INCHES

Hey all checking in from jville. Im going into my 5th day now with no power lol. Finally am getting some sort of signal today where I can get a internet page to load. It has been crazy here in town. Any gas stations open you'll be waiting for one of two hours, same with the select fast food that has opened. The flooding that occured here was crazy. Water had over taken bridges on highway 17 and people were driving over it smh. I have videos i took when the winds got crazy and when i have a better signal I will upload. Most damage to our neighborhood is down trees and privacy fences, we were fortunate not to flood like other parts of jacksonville.

• Like 3

On 9/16/2018 at 2:12 PM, yotaman said:

Has anyone seen any charts of highest winds gusts from the storm? I heard of a 105 mph gust at Fort Macon and Wrightsville Beach but nothing else. 

In addition to those two 105's, I recall a 106 too I think at Cape Lookout. I'd like to see the officials too though to be sure.

8 hours ago, Tenman Johnson said:

Florence giving us in DC some serious t&l and downpours. What I had for 20 minutes you had for 24+ hours. Unimaginable.

24 hours x 2 in some places.  Here in the triad we had between 6-8" over roughly a 36 hour run.  The Dan River up in Danville VA was near its all time high I think.  There were many places, almost the entire sandhills region SE of Raleigh down to the coast, that received steady rainfall for 48 hours or more.  There are rivers cresting this morning over 30' above flood stage next to towns with zero elevation.  New Bern, Kinston, Jacksonville.  And even littler towns like Pollocksville NC which may cease to exist after this.  

An unprecendented catastrophy.  Flo made her mark in history.

• Like 1

Sadly the death toll is up to 32 from Florence. and as feared the Cape Fear is setting new records for all time highs at many gauges. Heres a bfore and after pic I saw. This river flooding is going to be historic as many of us guessed it would be. Florence will be one of the top 10 costliest Hurricane disasters in our countrys history.

qFuGFJ5.jpg