Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Florence

NCSNOW

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Thanks, BFF.  Looks like the Triangle area is going to end up ok.  Some decent rain showers and gusty winds, but that's about it.

GFS gives me about 1” of rain, Euro 7-10” range! Model madness! If I get 3”, I’ll call it a win! One of the models has me getting a 56 mph wind gust! That’ll bring a tree or two down!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

GFS gives me about 1” of rain, Euro 7-10” range! Model madness! If I get 3”, I’ll call it a win! One of the models has me getting a 56 mph wind gust! That’ll bring a tree or two down!

I noticed that too - a big difference on ne ga and upstate rainfall totals right now.  its hard to know which one to believe lol

12 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Two things come to mind Mack. Go with the Euro, You always get the big totals, Rain or Snow!! and It's #1 in accuracy! Be safe down there...........:raining: :P

UK and EURO both hit same areas near ILM with heaviest rainfall, GFS is a bit northeast. EURO does not have the crazy totals that the GFS and UK have. Would take some very persistent traning with heavy bands to get what the UK/GFS are implying. But that stuff is somewhat storm structure dependent.

55 minutes ago, Stormsfury said:

From 11am to 2pm.  

Florence moved .2°N to .5°W and looks like she continues to slow down and bend left.  NHC official plot line is 34°N INLAND... Florence may not even make it to 34°N now... all the guidance to some degree show a WSW component.  Very critical downstream on effects in SC.

And this is the kind of thing that I'm definitely watching out for. Don't have an models or the NHC in front of me at the moment, but wasn't that turn supposed to happen later tonight?

20 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

Not familiar with the ILM area, but how would it cope with 40 inches of rain lol? Looking at this thing starting to stall out (already), I'm starting to think some of these estimates may be right.

It won't be good, Lumber and Cape Fear basins, based on RAH's historical graphics, Floyd + Dennis type total plus 10" in a single event.

1 minute ago, WeatherNC said:

It won't be good, Lumber and Cape Fear basins, based on RAH's historical graphics, Floyd and Dennis type total plus 10" in a single event.

Good news here is those river basins are way way below their levels when Matthew hit so they can (for awhile) absorb the downpours.

5 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

No recent microwave but if IR as any indication, structure is finally looking more favorable for slow strengthening. 

And even if it doesn’t strengthen, it’s no longer a comma Hurricane and has really built back up the south side of the storm which will only further worsen surge etc... to the north of the eye wall.  

D4AFDFDC-2809-4023-89AE-436998C51E22.png